Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I picked up a Rancher 350es 4x4 not long ago for real cheap. The engine was seized and had no oil. I pulled the top down and found the wrist pin had seized in the rod. I had to press it out with a ball joint press. I used a dremel tool to polish out the rod and I installed a used wrist pin, used pistion, used rings, used cylinder, and just reused all the old gaskets. The thing runs great with no noise. I know its a ticking time bomb, I just wanted to get it running to make sure everything else was good. It only has 375hrs but a VERY abused 375hrs (oil never changed, air filter never cleaned, left sitting outside for 2 years). Anyways, how difficult is it to replace the crank in one of these? I know my fix isn't gonna last so its something Im trying to plan for. Is there anything else inside besides cam chain that wears and would be a good idea to replace while there? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
You can download the manual for it using the link below in my signature. That will help you out tremendously.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You have to split the cases to remove the crank, It's really hard to say what you need to replace but since you need to tear it all the way apart you might as well change all the bearings, bore the cylinder, new piston, rings, clutches, timing chain, grind the valves and valve seats, new valve seals. cant think of anything else off the top of my head, been a long time since i done one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everybody, I picked up a Rancher 350es 4x4 not long ago for real cheap. The engine was seized and had no oil. I pulled the top down and found the wrist pin had seized in the rod. I had to press it out with a ball joint press. I used a dremel tool to polish out the rod and I installed a used wrist pin, used pistion, used rings, used cylinder, and just reused all the old gaskets. The thing runs great with no noise. I know its a ticking time bomb, I just wanted to get it running to make sure everything else was good. It only has 375hrs but a VERY abused 375hrs (oil never changed, air filter never cleaned, left sitting outside for 2 years). Anyways, how difficult is it to replace the crank in one of these? I know my fix isn't gonna last so its something Im trying to plan for. Is there anything else inside besides cam chain that wears and would be a good idea to replace while there? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
take it to a shop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts