Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how fast an 06 rancher at will go? It's the 400 series motor but it pegs at 38MPH and sounds as if it is hitting a limiter. I thought 38mph was a bit slow for a top speed but maybe I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
38 is tooo low. Something ain't right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ya something is not right. My 2005 Rancher 400 goes 55mph. I am not sure tho what might be causing it to go that slow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I am looking into the issue and searching for a service manual to begin troubleshooting.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey my name is Nolan and my 05 has the same problem. I've taken it to two atv service shops and they both have lied and assured me that it was fixed but it wasnt. One of them said that they had it taken apart completly and couldn't find the problem, but you'd think someone would have am answer because me and you arent the only ones with this problem, it seems to be a Honda 400 problem specifically. I've looked through my manual and couldn't find any leads. It's like it won't hit the highest gears, even if I switch it to manual. If you have any more info on this or learn anything else let me know

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'd recommend you not put your email address in forum posts. A spam bot will get your address and that will be the end of that.

Put your address in this form: usernameATaddressdotcom

Or, just come back and look at the forum thread. Is that too hard? :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well I can't fix it now. :|

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rightttt.:icon_ rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts