Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. I have a 2006 Honda rancher 350ES 4x4, just done top end, it only had 18 miles on the rebuild. New carb (eBay). Now to the question. It smells really rich coming out of the exhaust and puffs a little smoke when I accelerate. What could be the problem here? I’ve tried adjusting the fuel/air pilot and no change. Could I just have a bad carb or what? Driving me nuts. TIA

·
Super Moderator
38,355 Posts
New to the forum. I have a 2006 Honda rancher 350ES 4x4, just done top end, it only had 18 miles on the rebuild. New carb (eBay). Now to the question. It smells really rich coming out of the exhaust and puffs a little smoke when I accelerate. What could be the problem here? I’ve tried adjusting the fuel/air pilot and no change. Could I just have a bad carb or what? Driving me nuts. TIA
your first and only mistake was buying a china knock-off carb from ebay because you wanted to take the cheap way out !. buy a oem or rebuild the old carb, and most of your issues will be fixed !. if you decide to rebuild the old oem carb ?, only use shindy carb kits !!.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts