Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 06 foreman es and was wondering if there is anything to look out for. it has 700ish miles. what would be a fair price? thanks

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I am looking at a 06 foreman es and was wondering if there is anything to look out for. it has 700ish miles. what would be a fair price? thanks
The Foreman is pretty bulletproof, so just look over it good and check the normal wear items, such as axles, brakes, and bearings. Since it's the es model, ride it and make sure the electric shift works good and make sure the gear indicator isn't flashing. About the only major problem that I have heard about the Foreman 500 is first gear going out, but this must be rare, because I've never actually seen it.

Prices tend to vary a lot by location, but going by what I see around where I live, I would say about $3,500-$4,000. With only 700 miles, if it's in "like new" condition, it may even sell for a little more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A few months ago I was looking at a 2005 or 2006 I can't remember 500 Foreman ES. It had like 800 miles on it and looked clean as new and that guy was going to take $3800 for it. I too have heard of 1st gear going out but have not actually seen it. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do the es transmissions have actual gears with a electric motor that shifts for you or is it more like the pos 400 at that I am looking at getting rid of?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
do the es transmissions have actual gears with a electric motor that shifts for you or is it more like the pos 400 at that I am looking at getting rid of?
Yeah, if it's just ES, then it has actual gears and a shift motor that shifts for you. If it's auto and ES, like the Rancher 400 or the 500 Rubicon, then it don't really have the gears and would be a hydrostatic CVT transmission.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i got a 2008 foreman 500..i'd had 0 problems out of it so far.. and its got around 800 miles..could use tires tho.. but thats just normal wear stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts