Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought an 05 Rincon 650 and have a problem idling. Whenever i put the quad in drive or reverse it likes to cut off. Does it alot more when its cold but still does it when its warm. Tried turning the idle adjustment screw up but nothing happens.

Also quad has been sitting for about a year, i ran some seafoam through it and new it has new gas 93 octane. Also previous owner had snorkel and hmf pipe installed and a stage 1 dynojet kit put in. But he cut the end of and tore everything out and it is loud as f?*% :shocked:

Any info would be great, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I would pull the carb off and clean it good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
did you figure out what was wrong with your rincon i have spent three days tropubleshooting mine and dont have a clue it has hmf exhaust stage 1 jet kit has been sitting for 6 7 months and is doing the same thing as yours just as soon as i attempt to put it in drive it cuts right off

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Carbs gummed up from stale gas. Pull the carb and give it a GOOD thurough cleanning. And welcome from the Volunteer state.

·
Registered
101 Posts
hook up a timing light, pull the trigger, then put it in drive. see if it still flashes as it is dying out.

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
S.Hiles,
I agree with Helmut and JK. You might even want to get a rebuild kit for the carb. Also, change the spark plug as plugs do go bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok i tested even took it to a local repair guy who is good he coldnt pinpoint the issue carb is fine it is losing spark but cant find out where it is losing the spark idles fine then it dies down and loses fore but doesnt cut off it picks right back up we had hondas manual from the dealer and we followed it the T and everything checked out just as the book said im down to either wireing harness or ecm or shift module cause with bike off key on in esp mode the dear indicator blinks between 1 and 2

·
Registered
8 Posts
does anyone know how to get up with the guy who started this thread i would love to talk to him before i drop by bike off to a electrical shop

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
shopboy. just an fyi, we weren't trying to ignore. there's just no possible way to contact a member on here other then the way you did. by simply dropping them a PM.

·
Registered
29 Posts
well i figured out the problem so i apprexiate the help here i got
Mine does the same thing just not all the time. What did you do to fix the problem. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is the same way also with timing light on it loses spark at idle and all the way up through rpm range. And it's all in sync with a faint tick coming from the cdi box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts