Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 650 today ... I have a question for anyone that has any experience with this ATV .... when I put it in first gear and punch the throttle shouldn't make enough power to pull a wheelie ?

I had a brute force 750 and it would pull the front wheels up in the air ... I just want to make sure that the transmission or clutch is not slipping it has good power and will climb up hills ....

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Yes but if it's bone stock it might not. Honda put a ridiculously long spring in the carb to create a lag/hesitation making it difficult to do wheelies. Once you cut the spring in half it makes a big difference, just make sure it hasn't already been done. It will never compare to the Brute for power but it won't be too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK that is great. It's not that I wanted it to do wheelies I wanted to just make sure there was nothing wrong with the transmission. It has an HMF pipe on it now and is really loud. I will be using it primarily for hunting so I would really like to try and find a stock pipe to put on it ..

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
OK that is great. It's not that I wanted it to do wheelies I wanted to just make sure there was nothing wrong with the transmission. It has an HMF pipe on it now and is really loud. I will be using it primarily for hunting so I would really like to try and find a stock pipe to put on it ..
With the HMF pipe make sure it has the main jet increased at least one size. Others here may say two sizes..That spring idea sounds like the bomb to me!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea my 04's bone stock except the clipped spring, im only 9 and a half stone in weight, (dont know how you guys measure) :tongue: and just pinning it and throwing your weight back the front end comes up easy, ive got really crap tyres on mine the now, so most of the time it just spins :crying :grin cant compare it to the twins you get nowadays but these old girls still make good power :wink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts