Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have briefly touched on this before but I am still having the same problem. My right front wheel sits level straight up and down no positive or negative camber but my left has negative camber by about an inch from level. All ball joints, bushings and wheel bearings have been replaced but still same problem.....What can I do it is driving me nuts...........

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Stop looking at it! LOL

Seriously though.. if I'm looking at the correct pictures, you have upper and lower a-arms on each side in the front? If you've replaced all the bushings and ball joints then I'm thinking maybe something is bent? Has it been wrecked? Is the wheel loose? If you jack it up can you move the wheel so its straight or is it solid?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried to ignore it really I have..........If I jack it up there is no play what so ever.......and it was not in an accident

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
If there is no play and it hasn't' been wrecked then I'm just not sure what could be wrong I would almost say something HAS to be bent.. but how it could have gotten that way is beyond me. Can you post pictures of the front end so we can see exactly what we're dealing with? A straight on picture of the front and maybe some close ups of each side?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Something is bent... It has to be. These don't have adjustable camber, correct? Something is tweeked.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I'm not sure.. thats what the pictures will hopefully tell us.. LOL somehow that upper arm on that side is probably pushed in or tweaked somehow I'm guess.. but I can't tell without seeing it.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Check this pic out.. Looks to me like the left wheel cocks in on this one too.. well.. the wheel on the right in the picture.. LOL Or maybe its just the way its sitting.. I dunno..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The last one seems like the whole bike is sitting cockeyed.........My wheels look the same but the bike sits level.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
From that angle it loooks as thought the quad is leaning to the right side a bit.Maybe the suspension is compressed a little more causing it to look as though it's crooked.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
What could be bent? Everything looks so solid and unbend-able.LOL
Those parts might look unbendable, but they're really not that hard to bend. I bent an A-arm once while changing the ball joints, by trying to knock the ball joints out with a hammer instead of pressing them out with the right tool. They bend easy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts