Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever experienced there rancher 350es engine lock up just after the valves were replaced? Even the oil was 3 different colors. First the oil came out looking new, then became grey, then became black before it was completely drained.

·
Super Moderator
37,420 Posts
was this ever sunk ?, why was the valves replaced ?. was the cam chain replaced when the valves were replaced ?. some back story to this rancher would help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the previous owner did sink it because when I got it, it had been recked, I found out that the starter was broke off into the motor. It was smoking and the valves were squeaking and knocking. When I took the back of the crank case off I found mud and a piece of thin metal inside the motor. I cleaned all of that out, sealed it when I put it back together so water wouldn’t get inside again. I changed the values and seats, the cylinder wall was still smooth so I knew the rings were still good. The new valves still squeaked and the motor didn’t smoke until the motor bogged down and stopped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was this ever sunk ?, why was the valves replaced ?. was the cam chain replaced when the valves were replaced ?. some back story to this rancher would help.
I just took the top end off and its locked up inside the transfer case

·
Super Moderator
37,420 Posts
I just took the top end off and its locked up inside the transfer case
with it being sunk ?, this calls for a complete engine tear down, washing out, replacing what ever is bad ?, then back together. if you dont do this ?, your wasting time and money !.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts