Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for a plug and play led headlight or a led conversion kit for my 02 rancher 350 es. I cant seem to find an "L" shaped oem style led headlight bulb replacement that has the 3 prongs, assuming for hi/low beam controls. I can find many that fit older foremans and whatnot but they are not the "L" shaped that just twist in and are a straight design. Reason i want white led specifically is i have led bsrs front and rear and also led rock lights and they all match. Be nice to have brighter headlights without always having to use my light bar and not to mention having all the lights be the same temp/color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Been lurking for years and have searched this forum many times when i restored my rancher a few years ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about taking a flush mount led spot/flood light and wiring it in place of the factory headlights? Would i use only the hi or low beam positive wire or do i solder both hi/low beam wires together and run that to the led positive?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So Ive been in a lot of forums, searched for literal hours and I couldn't find a single picture of anyone showing how to mount those flush mount led headlights into a 2002 trx350. I see the older 300 fit with just washers and no holes being drilled, but the 350 is just a little different so not sure if that will work. I dont like the idea of just mounting it to the plastic headlight housing only as all the 300 videos/write-ups showed. I feel the light would probably bounce around from the weight of the led. Needs to also mount to that lower bracket coming off the frame that the stock headlights hold onto.

Guess I will pioneer this project then and take pics for the next guy. Where the headlight surround isn't flat like the 300s and kinda sits back at an angle, I can see it might take a few tries to get the beam angle/pitch correct.

If only someone had made a mounting plate for this setup, they would all ready have my money...

·
Registered
559 Posts
What about taking a flush mount led spot/flood light and wiring it in place of the factory headlights? Would i use only the hi or low beam positive wire or do i solder both hi/low beam wires together and run that to the led positive?
NO!

If you are going to use LED's, you would just wire to either the high or low beam.

If you wired to both I'm not sure if it would cause a short somewhere, or if would just be redundant and work the same in both hi and low.

If you wire to just 1, you can use the other to wire something else, like reverse lights or something.

You could have the headlights wired up to the low-beam, then flick the high-beam to turn on reverse lights, or something else.

I used my low beam to wire my headlights plus 2 LED pods, and my high beam to light up a 12" light bar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think ill just cap off the low beam for now, not sure what id even use it for.

I wired up a 12 inch led for the front, 7 inch led for a the rear/backup and 4 led pod lights under the fenders on 3 rocker switches.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I run a relay to the bottom headlights. Use the tail light as a trigger for the relay, and that way the lower lights are on when you turn the headlights on, regardless of the position of the high/low beam switch.

Then I wire in a lightbar to the high beam wires, so with headlight switch on and on low beams, only the lower two lights are on. Hit the high beams and the lightbar also comes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So no solution for this? I too have been trying to figure out how I can install LED bulbs in my 03 Rancher 350 headlights. Is there any reason why the older headlight harness for the TRX wouldn't work in the rancher? With the TRX harness you can just plug in new bulbs, and the connection looks similar to the ranchers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What are the physical size of the headlights? Also could someone post a coulple pictures of how they mount?

Wayne

Reactions: _Wilson_

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nobody has given me the physical measurements of the factory lights but im getting a step closer based off of looks alone. I found that the early Lexus ES300 fogs have what appears to be a similar shape and size to them. Of course i wouldnt call this a homerun yet because as far as i know they only come with the yellow lens.

Looks like you can get them for about $30-50 online, or even cheaper at local junk yards.

Still trying to find a clear/white light option for yall.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
So no solution for this? I too have been trying to figure out how I can install LED bulbs in my 03 Rancher 350 headlights. Is there any reason why the older headlight harness for the TRX wouldn't work in the rancher? With the TRX harness you can just plug in new bulbs, and the connection looks similar to the ranchers.
The issue will be the bulbs sealing into the headlight housings.

·
Registered
Honda Rancher 2004 TRX350FM, 2002 Rancher TRX350FE
23 Posts
I think I found the right thread here. I also posted a thread before I finally found this. Yes, I have the same question but for different reasons. I have the straight out the back type light assemblies. I see you can get them but they are 2X the price as the 90 degree ones. Also, Being LEDs, I see they have the 2 outer prongs but the center one is missing. I assume The LEDs then only have the one setting. can't remember which, but essentially no high/low beams. They are what they are.
Is this a correct assessment?
Any chance of using the 90 degree lights in place of the straight ones? Anyone done this? wondering if the rubber dust seal will work around that.

·
Registered
Honda Rancher 2004 TRX350FM, 2002 Rancher TRX350FE
23 Posts
Anyone still on here?

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
211 Posts
If you really want led bulbs in the stock head lights, it can be done. I did this to a dirt bike.
Buy a bulb that fits in the housing that has a few inches of wire before the plug, file the tabs down if need be, silicone it into place, cut the plug off it and the stock plug off the bike and hook the wires together.
Another option is to go to a junk yard and get head light plug ins, hook them up to the stock wiring then buy bulbs for that car and file the tabs down on the bulb until it fits then silicone them into the atv head light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Searching for a plug and play led headlight or a led conversion kit for my 02 rancher 350 es. I cant seem to find an "L" shaped oem style led headlight bulb replacement that has the 3 prongs, assuming for hi/low beam controls. I can find many that fit older foremans and whatnot but they are not the "L" shaped that just twist in and are a straight design. Reason i want white led specifically is i have led bsrs front and rear and also led rock lights and they all match. Be nice to have brighter headlights without always having to use my light bar and not to mention having all the lights be the same temp/color.
I found a site that has the led light bulbs for my 2001 Honda Rancher 350 called AliExpress

1 - 18 of 18 Posts