Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just bought an '02 rancher this weekend and already having problems. First, it is really slow to start. Turns over, but last night took 5+ minutes to finally start. Also, I'm having trouble with the electric shift. I left it in first gear last time I rode it - had all kinds of trouble getting it back in neutral to start this morning. What might my problem be and how big of a repair bill? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The starting real slow could be a weak battery. I'm not real sure about shifting. Is it left out side in the cold?

Welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Is the gass bad could also be a reason for a hard start how does it run after its started. I also agree with red my 400 if the battery is week it will crank but not fast enough to start it.
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Try to put a booster on your battery. If it cranks up right away you need a new battery.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Put a multi meter on the battery and check voltage and then check it while turning over. A conciderable drop in voltage would mean either you have a weak or dead cell or the starter is dragging I would start with a good terminal cleaning make sure all you eletrical connections at the starter and battery are clean and tight. Check all grounds too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts