Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2002 400ex and I was wanting to install a "universal led taillight" from amazon and I was wondering if I would need an inline brake switch or something like that to get the brake function to work, since the 02 only had running lights. New to the group so sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
You will need a brake perch(the part with the fluid reservoir) from an 05+ 400ex. You will have to run your own wires from it to the universal brake light. You will also need the rear brake light switch. The bolt for it. The spring. The metal protector plate. The switch mount bracket. Whole brake pedal. With the bolt that goes through it and the plate that screws into to pull the spring to actuate the switch. And you will have to wire that up the same way you did the front. Welcome to the forums!

Reactions: _Wilson_

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it may be more of a headache than its worth just to get it to light up a little brighter for when I brake...haha I appreciate it bud.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Didnt have the heart to tell you that....but yes lol no problem! Always glad to help!

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
So I have a 2002 400ex and I was wanting to install a "universal led taillight" from amazon and I was wondering if I would need an inline brake switch or something like that to get the brake function to work, since the 02 only had running lights. New to the group so sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else. Thanks
That's exactly how i did mine, inline brake banjo pressure switch, ran my own wire harness, straight from the battery (inline fused) only works with front hydrolic brakes, that's the down side, did my modd on a fourtrax 300 fwd, after reading in the forums, slammed is correct , i did the easiest way i could, that second brake lite has saved my can a couple times, lol

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Here's pic (hopefully) a descent pic of the banjo pressure switch tapped into the hydrolic t fitting, did this modd in no time @ all :) i had plan on doing the 300 with the correct set up, but the oem wire harness shut me down...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Couple better images

Attachments

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Another pic, if you trail ride with others or ride payment like me, add that brake light, IMO it's worth it! Mine missing the brackets, lol

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts