Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here is the deal I bought this fourwheeler for a project for 700 it runs and rides done but needs bearings and bushings in just about every place possible on the chassis. it's electric shift but the electric shift doesn't work and the Speedo nothing lights up on it but the oil temp light when I first then it on. now my questions r how can it run without the nuetral light on?how come my Speedo and dash lights dont work when all connections and fuses r cleaned and good? is the any way I can put a nuetral and reverse light from a vs and make the fourwheeler basically a fs?

Sent from my SM-G360R6 using Tapatalk

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it already find just would like to see the nuetral light and get the electric shift to work if anybody could point me in the right direction. also does anyone know if I could use the nuetral and revered lights with a rd dash?

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the screen to light up today but still doesn't show anything I believe I am gonna have to buy a screen. still can't get the electric shift to work but oh well. now to move on to the fun part changing swing arm bushings and front wheel bearings. can anyone tell me what these plugs go to.

· Premium Member
6,580 Posts
One will be gear position switch, the other I believe is the engine oil temp sensor. The big round one is gear position switch, and the early 350's had an iffy shift drum that would break off on the back so the machine wouldn't show gear changes.

The orange one I'm working on now (footshift) shows it's in Reverse all the time, regardless of what gear it's actually in. My guess is the gear position switch is in the Reverse position and the rear of the shift drum broke off so when gears are changed, the gear position switch isn't being moved at all.

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I havent actually tried it in gear but the start button doesn't work the dash back light just dims and when u push it. I am assuming it's the soenoid because they have jumped wired to it but I'll be ordering a new one. i did mess around with trying to ground the nuetral wire this morning but still could not get the light on. I've got more tinkering to do in the morning after work lol

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it will not start in gear I just tried it. I also grounded the nuetral light at a bunch of different places on the ground wire running to it but it will not come on so it has to be blown. I'm pretty shore the switch is bad on the handle bars because everytime I plug the headlights in the display back lighting goes out but the wired thing is it only had a power as soon as I flip the switch then nothing at all but he back light of the display stays out until I unplug the headlights. does anyone have any idea why it could be doing this? oh i also got the electric shift to work one time when I changed the main dude but would not work after that one time, it didn't blow the fuse so idk what the deal is with that. I still need to find time to clean all the sensors

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
first test ride went great with all new wheel bearings pulls good rides good I'm satisfied with it now to fix the wiring and put swingarm bearings in. I have been down a few days I was making a tool for the swingarm bolts and got a piece of metal in my eye,took the doctor about two hours to get it out so lesson learned always wear safety glasses no matter if it's a big or small job.

· Premium Member
6,580 Posts
Looks good.

Yikes on the eye. I'm bad about not wearing eye protection too. I had a 350 Rancher rear brake panel explode last week when I was trying to press the axle out of the brake drum in my 20 ton press. A chuck of brake panel hit my face right next to my right eye.

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well I put the solenoid in and fixed some wires and got it to start by the button, until I tried trust fix the electric shift I done some troubleshooting and now the fourwheeler won't start by the button anymore I believe I need a new handle bar switch

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
well I put the solenoid in and fixed some wires and got it to start by the button, until I tried trust fix the electric shift I done some troubleshooting and now the fourwheeler won't start by the button anymore I believe I need a new handle bar switch

those switches are pretty cheap on those. my mail man has a model I believe just like yours ?, he asked me if I can fix it ?, it's a manual shift..thank goodness !..lmao. I said sure, bring it to me, i'll fix it. just told him to buy all the parts I may need ?, and i'll fix ya up. he said he would pay me, I then said it won't be much, nice guy, we shoot the chit all the time when he comes by when I am out front.

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol. today I was putting a different dash in and messed with the plug for the handle bar switch and it started working agian so defiantly need a new switch. does anyone know how to take the display screen cover off i need it for my other display. the one in taking out doesn't have screws holding it in so do one of u guys know how to take the factory one off without cracking it

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
lol. today I was putting a different dash in and messed with the plug for the handle bar switch and it started working agian so defiantly need a new switch. does anyone know how to take the display screen cover off i need it for my other display. the one in taking out doesn't have screws holding it in so do one of u guys know how to take the factory one off without cracking it

they all have screws holding the top cover on.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.