Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you jump the solenoid will starter work?
@Old fat dad
@Old fat dad
@Old fat dad
@Old fat dad
The Recon must have been wet, I had just changed the oil and put on a new fuel line from the filter to the carb and just on a whim I turned on the key and hit the starter button and everything started to work.
Thank you for your suggestion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Old fat dad
I have a 350 fourtrax early 90s I'm guessing. Won't start, it's been sitting for 9 months. Running when I put her up. Neutral light comes on but hit the start and nothing happens. I replaced the battery hoping that would work but still won't crank. I jumped the solenoid with a screw driver and it sparked up and cracked. Hit the start button again and won't start but lights on. I'm a widowed single mom new to fixing mine & my daughter's stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m actually in fl and I do come come up there quite often should be up there for a day or two within the next month or so and would be more than happy to fix them for you while I’m in nc!? @Lilstrick7

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it. I'm going to try and see if it's the solenoid or starter. I just replaced the starter in my daughter's....I'm pretty proud of myself lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts