Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 01 Honda 300ex.I went out lastnight to take it for a ride and it won't start.I can compression start it but once it is shut down it won't start again.Could this be the starter?Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
First of all I think I would make me up a set of jumpers or get a remote push button from napa, advance ect. then connect it directly to the starter see if it will sart if so you may have a bad push button. Also a simple key switch test is to unplug the key switch and plug the harness wires into themselves bypassing the switch then hit the button and see what you got? if it starts you know you got a bad key switch. you can do the same for the push button too. I think the feed wire from the CDI to the button and key is black/white and the other is Green for ground.

·
Registered
42 Posts
try pushing down on the fuse or wiggling the fuse while pushing the start button. Should start then.

Your probably gonna have to clean off the fuse terminals.:smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
idk whats wrong with mine it just makes an electric noise and quits. i had a guy working on it in somerset and he got it working!! my honda 300ex has been boared, has bigger ringes for the pistons the motor and carborater has been redone 2 times, ive got bigger tires and a 600 dollar loud white brothers exhaust!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts