Best tire and wheel upgrade for a rancher 420 - Honda ATV Forum
Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Best tire and wheel upgrade for a rancher 420

I been getting a little confused on what tire and rims to run on my rancher. I’m looking for ground clearance and better traction on the trails. Not looking to trim fender wells or change and gears. Any recommendations would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:26 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 259 times
Best thing to do on the rancher to get 12" wheels is to buy a raer set of "Foreman" wheels and stay OEM..

For whatever reason, Something changed on the newer ranchers and the proper offset is hard to achieve..

On my 2016 Rancher I bought it with an ITP Delta steely setup... The rears stuck out way to far...

I sold the rear deep dish ITP wheels and bought a matching front set and got a 1" or 1-1/2" spacer to get the proper offset...

On a rancher, if you like to tow and go fast, dont go over a 25" tire...

Mud bugs... Reptiles... The new Mudlite is also nice but I wouldn't recommend it for severe riding..

Hope this helps.. Just get the rear OEM 12" Foreman wheels so you can get rid of the 11" wheel you have now..

They are sturdy...

1984 Honda ATC BigRed 200ES
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:12 PM

Liked: 35 times
Get yourself a set of 26’s. I put them on my 17 Rancher and it still tows just as well, and goes just as fast as it did with the ridiculously small stock tires on it. I put them on MSA 12” rims and they fit under the fenders just fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in