Honda ATV Forum banner

Rancher tire size

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  YukonXL04 
#1 ·
Looking at new tires for a 2000 Honda trx350fm. Looking at kenda bear claw 299. I have seen a lot of tire questions go south, due to individual preference! Question is, each 25" tires is approx. 3 lbs heavier than the 24". So would the weight along witch the 1" height make a noticeable difference in performance (power/gear ratio and such) or should one just stick with stock size? I have tried to find weight of factory tires but have been unsuccessful.

#2 ·
If I remember right the Bear Claws run a little shorter than their advertised height.... more like 24s, maybe even less depending on the rim width you mount them on. With that said, you'd be fine with any decent 25 inch tire in 8" front & 10" rear widths.

#5 ·
Bombardier to rancher rims

I have a 2000 trx350fm and found a set of rims with tires off a 2002 bombardier quest 650. The rims have 4/110 lug pattern and appear to have close to same offset. I haven't been able to locate any rim off set info on them and cannot measure. Front tires are same just a inch taller, not sure rears would work they are a inch taller and 2 inches wider. Appreciate any advise or info anyone has.

#7 ·
I have a 2000 trx350fm and found a set of rims with tires off a 2002 bombardier quest 650. The rims have 4/110 lug pattern and appear to have close to same offset. I haven't been able to locate any rim off set info on them and cannot measure. Front tires are same just a inch taller, not sure rears would work they are a inch taller and 2 inches wider. Appreciate any advise or info anyone has.
The only width problem you might have is it hitting the heat shield on the muffler. I have 25x13x10 on the back of my rancher and it hit the heat shield. Took the shield off and all good.
I run 25x10x12 in the front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.