Tire Wobble - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4214 times
Garage
if the rim is not bent ?, then my guess would be the tires are not seated all the way down on the rim bead.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:10 PM

Changed tires for over 10 years. I would break them down spray with wd40 or some kinda slick lube. Air up to 35 and let sit couple days. Also tires need to be laying flat when inflating or will seat crooked on the wheel
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4214 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14foreman500 View Post
Changed tires for over 10 years. I would break them down spray with wd40 or some kinda slick lube. Air up to 35 and let sit couple days. Also tires need to be laying flat when inflating or will seat crooked on the wheel
I won't argue your 10 years of tire changing ?, but !!..never heard of tires that have to be laying flat to mount ?. maybe this is for car tires and trucks and stuff ?, but never in my life time for atvs had I needed to lay them flat to seat the beads. I do how ever lube the tire bead, and rim bead as you said, this helps a lot when seating the beads. I hate doing tires that have sunk in beads when you get them new ?, its a royal pain on some of them to get the beads to go out and seat the beads...lol. nothing a 2in wide ratchet strap around the middle can't handle..lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 02:29 PM

Liked: 50 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
If it is the bead not fully seated I would suggest letting the air out then -spraying a little soap water along the bead and reflating the tire. It was mentioned that you can bring the tire up to 25PSI when seating the bead, if it means anything the tire I just installed on my bike I mounted myself and the tires themselves say do not exceed 36PSI when seating the bead. IIRC two of the tires required me to get pretty close to that PSI before they "popped".

BTW My tires are 25" Maxxis Zillas

Wayne
I had to do that on my vampires, they were extremely hard to seat. Had to air them up then tap around the bead with a hammer to make it finally seat. No wobble for me though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode