TRX200SX Replacement Rims - Honda ATV Forum
Wheels & Tires Trying to upgrade the stock Wheels or Tires on your ATV? Post here! Fitment questions, sizes, brands, whatever.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By agdodge4x4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 13 times
TRX200SX Replacement Rims

How do I go about finding some relatively cheap rims for this quad? It's a 1986 model and I'm not the original owner. No clue about what size I need or how to identify proper lug pattern. The ones in the front are stock, but bent. The ones in the rear are really wide and not stock. They have clearly been custom drilled to fit on the hub. They are in OK shape but look kinda ghetto.

I'd like to replace all of them eventually with something stock. How do I find wheels? What do I need to know when looking for 'generic' ones? Who makes OK ones that are cheap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3167 times
The rear wheels were used on 86 thru 88 TRX200SX models and on the 86 & 87 ATC250SX (both front and rear wheels are same part number)
42710-HA6-680 RIM, WHEEL

The rear tires are 22x11x8.
42750-HA6-681AT TIRE (22X11.0-8)

The front wheels are 86 thru 88 TRX200SX only.
44701-HB3-840 RIM, FR. WHEEL

Front tire is 20x7x8 and was put on TRX90, TRX125 & 200SX until 2002.
44751-VM6-682AT TIRE (20X7.00-8)

I would imagine you could put just about any 8" rims on it that have close to the same offset and widths as stock. Depends partly on your choice of new tires... May have to bolt different rims on to see how each fit though, before buying.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Ok, so, due to an unfortunate accident, I am now in NEED of a new rim. I might as well replace them all now. Can anyone reccomend an aftermarket rim that is stock size that will work on this quad, not look stupid, and and not break the bank?

Any help is appreciated. Dang it....so bummed.
tgarnetfrank likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 02:34 PM

Did you find anything for the front, Im in the same boat
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Yes. Buy used stock rims.

But, seriously, Douglas makes a rim for the front and rear of this quad. They are the only manufacturer that makes one. The front rims are 4x80 lug pattern. Check it out on their application document. Anyway, I did not get them because they do not have cutouts for the brake adjuster holes. That's not a HUGE deal, but it does mean you cannot adjust your brakes without taking off the wheels, or drilling holes in your rims where they are. You also may need new tires for the rims (I don't know).

I got a set on Ebay Used. They are pretty straight, but...used...so not perfect...but actually better than my old ones.

I have to R&R them. I de-rust them, sand, and paint. Then I'll have the tires mounted.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 12:27 AM

Rear wheels are available...the fronts are almost impossible to find in a "straight" condition if you find them at all...I found a pair for my 86 and if anyone wants to ride mine, first thing I tell them is.."Take care of them wheels...no going over rocks and scraping"...good.luck in your search...after montha of looking, I found two on ebay...paid about $75 for the rusty pair...had them powered white and they now shine like a diamond in a goat's ass...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 01:31 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6856 times
Garage
I feel bad about having given away a couple of sets of front 200SX rims to the scrap guy , they are pretty rare , figured I would never use them -------- another way to solve your problem would be wheel adaptors , there are some different styles , I had a cart that I had a set made to adapt it to larger wheels , they look like wheel spacers , about 1 inch thick , changed the wheel pattern , you will have to get a set of 1 inch spacers for the rear to even out the stance --- there is a company on the net that will make any adaptor of any wheel out there , they charge me right around $100 for two adaptors , I forgot the name of the company , should be easy enough to Google up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in