Fourtrax 300 floorboards - Honda ATV Forum
Visual & Body Modifications Post any visual modifications you have done to your ATV vehicle here.

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 6 times
Fourtrax 300 floorboards

I just got a 98 fourtrax 300. Im looking for a set of floorboards. I have found 2 different kinds- one with mesh and protection under the foot shifter and brake pedal and one without that protection, just a hole. My dad used to have the ones without and I liked those. I wanna get yaw's opinion and what brand your prefer and where can i get them at the cheapest? I have also thought about buying some OxLite CV Axle guards, I found a set on ebay for $30 and I thought that was pretty cheap. Any preferences? Im open to any other ideas too.

98 Honda Fourtrax 4x4
Oxlite Brush Guards
12" ITP 212 Wheels
26" ITP Mudlites
Warn 424
35W Headlights
Floorboards
Custom Front Bumper
Custom Tote-All Rear Rack

Project 300 98 Honda Fourtrax 4x4 with Oxlite Brush Guards, Big Red Rear End With Wheel Spacers, Honda Rancher 350 Front and Rear Shocks, 28in Mega Mayhems, Front Diff Spool Locker, Floorboards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 PM

Liked: 420 times
thats a real good deal for the boot guards. buy them or i will LOL....as for floorboards, i fabricated my own, so i couldnt tell ya which one was better
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4207 times
Garage
i personally do not like any floor boards on trx300's...i've noticed when you install floor boards on trx300's ?..this puts your foot brake lever lower...sooooooooo...most ppl will put some kinda rubber or something on top of the floot shifter's end..to raise the height just so they can get thier foot on it !..too me..they are a big hassle. this is me though.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 6 times
yeah, i was alot younger when my dad had his and i never noticed anything but my foot was smaller then too.

98 Honda Fourtrax 4x4
Oxlite Brush Guards
12" ITP 212 Wheels
26" ITP Mudlites
Warn 424
35W Headlights
Floorboards
Custom Front Bumper
Custom Tote-All Rear Rack

Project 300 98 Honda Fourtrax 4x4 with Oxlite Brush Guards, Big Red Rear End With Wheel Spacers, Honda Rancher 350 Front and Rear Shocks, 28in Mega Mayhems, Front Diff Spool Locker, Floorboards
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redchevy11 View Post
yeah, i was alot younger when my dad had his and i never noticed anything but my foot was smaller then too.
i don't like them..they are big and bulky !..they do more harm than good...maybe keep your foot from falling off the foot peg ??..but..other than that ??..they are worthless too me .

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 PM

I've been thinking up ways to fabricate my own so when my wife is on the back she has somewhere to put her feet....that being said, if/when I do make em, they'll only go from the pegs back... not in front of the pegs for the reasons shadetree mentioned...and I sure as heck don't wanna drop the floorboards lower for the pedals to clear, since ground clearance on the 300's is already at a disadvantage..

Quoted from a buddy "I may be dumb, but at least I'm not stupid!" O_o

I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than ever love me for something that I'm not.

post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy256 View Post
I've been thinking up ways to fabricate my own so when my wife is on the back she has somewhere to put her feet....that being said, if/when I do make em, they'll only go from the pegs back... not in front of the pegs for the reasons shadetree mentioned...and I sure as heck don't wanna drop the floorboards lower for the pedals to clear, since ground clearance on the 300's is already at a disadvantage..
When you make them. Weld off of the footpeg and create a frame from that and put expanded metal on it. that will give you the right height and will still let you use the shifter and the brake. also you can adjust the shifter peg if you need to have more room... it is just a set screw that holds it on.. if i am not mistaken.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

1999 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
Harbor freight winch.
Rear Rack
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangejunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy256 View Post
When you make them. Weld off of the footpeg and create a frame from that and put expanded metal on it. that will give you the right height and will still let you use the shifter and the brake. also you can adjust the shifter peg if you need to have more room... it is just a set screw that holds it on.. if i am not mistaken.
your right about the shifter screw..although..it's not a set screw..it's a 10mm headed bolt. taking it out..and raising the shifter a few splines solves that..butttttttt..the foot brake lever is a different story ! in order for the rider to press on the end of the shifter..it has to be alittle higher than the foot rest, or at least even with it. when you add floor boards..there has to be a open area below the foot brake lever..now you leave a part to rub on something when it bottoms out. nah...not worth it to me.

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM

not trying to argue but to solve the problem with the brake take a piece of square tubing (to make it look nice cap the ends) and either bolt it or weld it onto the top of the brake lever. but I understand where you are coming from. It is a snowball effect that you have to keep making modifications to make it work smoothly and correctly. Thanks for the correction on the 10MM head bolt.

slow is smooth, smooth is fast

1999 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
Harbor freight winch.
Rear Rack
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 PM

I still say if u def. want some sort of floor boards, just fab up "half-boards" like I mentioned... from the pegs back, thus avoiding all issues with the pedals. I'm planning on fabbing mine up maybe Sunday or Mon. if I get it done ill post pics and maybe give some idea of whether you would like them or not for yours.

Quoted from a buddy "I may be dumb, but at least I'm not stupid!" O_o

I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than ever love me for something that I'm not.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Visual & Body Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode