Honda ATV Forum banner

Fourtrax 300 floorboards

61K views 64 replies 22 participants last post by  j.kimbrell03 
#1 ·
I just got a 98 fourtrax 300. Im looking for a set of floorboards. I have found 2 different kinds- one with mesh and protection under the foot shifter and brake pedal and one without that protection, just a hole. My dad used to have the ones without and I liked those. I wanna get yaw's opinion and what brand your prefer and where can i get them at the cheapest? I have also thought about buying some OxLite CV Axle guards, I found a set on ebay for $30 and I thought that was pretty cheap. Any preferences? Im open to any other ideas too.

#3 ·
i personally do not like any floor boards on trx300's...i've noticed when you install floor boards on trx300's ?..this puts your foot brake lever lower...sooooooooo...most ppl will put some kinda rubber or something on top of the floot shifter's end..to raise the height just so they can get thier foot on it !..too me..they are a big hassle. this is me though.

#11 ·
I like the floorboards on the Fourtrax 300s. Some of the floorboards come with a piece that bolts to the top of the foot brake, but the ones I've had have had a steel piece, instead of rubber.

#4 ·
yeah, i was alot younger when my dad had his and i never noticed anything but my foot was smaller then too.

#5 ·
i don't like them..they are big and bulky !..they do more harm than good...maybe keep your foot from falling off the foot peg ??..but..other than that ??..they are worthless too me .

#6 ·
I've been thinking up ways to fabricate my own so when my wife is on the back she has somewhere to put her feet....that being said, if/when I do make em, they'll only go from the pegs back... not in front of the pegs for the reasons shadetree mentioned...and I sure as heck don't wanna drop the floorboards lower for the pedals to clear, since ground clearance on the 300's is already at a disadvantage..

#7 ·
When you make them. Weld off of the footpeg and create a frame from that and put expanded metal on it. that will give you the right height and will still let you use the shifter and the brake. also you can adjust the shifter peg if you need to have more room... it is just a set screw that holds it on.. if i am not mistaken.

#9 ·
not trying to argue but to solve the problem with the brake take a piece of square tubing (to make it look nice cap the ends) and either bolt it or weld it onto the top of the brake lever. but I understand where you are coming from. It is a snowball effect that you have to keep making modifications to make it work smoothly and correctly. Thanks for the correction on the 10MM head bolt.

#14 ·
not trying to argue but to solve the problem with the brake take a piece of square tubing (to make it look nice cap the ends) and either bolt it or weld it onto the top of the brake lever. but I understand where you are coming from. It is a snowball effect that you have to keep making modifications to make it work smoothly and correctly. Thanks for the correction on the 10MM head bolt.
nahhhh..i'm not arguing..chit..i love brain storming !..ask helmut how much we get into it !..lol...i've seen that way on the top part your talking about..i think it's uglyyyyy..but..hey..if it works for the person ridding it ?..then so be it !..not my baby. and yer welcome on the correction....if i ever happen to be wrong ?? ( happends alot for me these days ! )..feal free to chim in..i look forward to being corrected !..lmfao.

#10 ·
I still say if u def. want some sort of floor boards, just fab up "half-boards" like I mentioned... from the pegs back, thus avoiding all issues with the pedals. I'm planning on fabbing mine up maybe Sunday or Mon. if I get it done ill post pics and maybe give some idea of whether you would like them or not for yours.

#13 ·
If you get good floorboards, they will have cutouts for the foot shifter and the brake pedal and a steel piece that bolts to the top of the brake pedal, so it sticks above the level of the floorboard. I've had floorboards on several Fourtrax 300s that I've owned and liked them real well. If I had a Fourtrax 300 right now, I would buy floorboards and put on it. Although, the floorboards are probably getting harder to find now, since most of the newer ATVs already come with floorboards. I don't really see any disadvantages/negatives at all.

#17 ·
Or you may be going too slow. LOL.

#29 ·
The ones on my 300 has kept several sticks from coming up and has acted like a skid plate once when I slipped down over some rocks.

#32 ·
I'm skeptical of the protection under the shifter...If it would be more in the way than protection. Let us know

#33 ·
On the floorboards that I've used, that's never been in the way. There's plenty room for your foot to fit under the shifter and I usually take my shifters off and rotate them forward a spline, so they're lower. That way, I can just twist my ankle to shift, so that I don't have to lift my whole foot up to upshift.

#36 ·
I was thinking about buying ones withouth the mesh under the toe of the shifter. Mainly because thats what im used to and didnt know how much room there is on the one with mesh underneath. But i do like the idea of homemade floorboards from the pegs back.

#38 ·
Lets see some photos of your home made floorboards! I appears that the brake pedal would need a 2 1/2" riser to stay above a floorboard that is flush with the foot peg??
Welcome to the forum.................These didn't turn out very well,the camera I grabbed come to find out the flash didn't work so I did some editing.............I didn't make these,the only bad is what was used for the top plate.It should have been the mesh like on the factory made,these can become slippery.The brake petal has a old socket bolted on which gives it 2-3 in. rise......It all works and serves its purpose.........lol

Attachments

#39 ·
I'm contemplating right now myself over fabricating my own using round 1/2 pipe or purchasing the black molded ones that tie into the front and back fenders. Similar to what's on the newer model wheelers. I think it'll sturdy up them floppy fenders a little I hope, and they look good to me

#40 · (Edited)
I know this is an old thread but oh well, I don't know who makes these, but they don't lower your ground clearance, and there is a cutout on the other side for the brake pedal, and you don't have to adjust your foot shifter, your foot can fit in between. I love these things.

Attachments

#43 ·
I built a set based off a pattern that a guy on Ebay makes and sells, his are $85 bucks I believe, but very well built, as are mine. I've got $51 bucks in mine, not including my time, about 5 hours to build and paint both. I'll get a pic when I get in this afternoon and post it for ya buddy. It's a world of difference having them and I love mine, but it's a preference thing, some dig em, some hate em, but they definitely help me and feel very nice and with the expanded metal on top, 110% no slip when wet or covered in mud, even with Crocks on lol, so that will tell ya something right there!

#44 ·
I couldn't live with out floor boards for two reasons , makes it easier getting on and off , keeps my feet from getting hurt on roots and ruts , but mainly for standing on one side the bike with both feet and driving it along to get out of tight spots , that didn't sound right , not in close quarters , but when you in a hole and one side the bike is higher than the other and out of balance , you stand on one side and ride it standing up leaning your weight to the side your on

buddy just gave me some 1 inch square tubing to build me a set , they have some store bought for $108 , last set I built took quite a few hours to do , thinking of buying them built this time but show me some pics and make me change my mind

#46 ·
I’m due to make a set next week, just waiting on @rodp to bring me some mesh down for the tops. Can post pics in my 300 thread or do a dedicated thread. Don’t want to take the thread idea away from you though Fishfiles, your up first bud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.