Led upgrade recommendations - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
Visual & Body Modifications Post any visual modifications you have done to your ATV vehicle here.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 06:07 PM

Liked: 129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
If you wouldnt mind waiting until this afternoon i can talk to a buddy of mine that is big into automotive lightning upgrades, retrofits and custom lighting. Not only does it built custom lights he also sells only high quality products. I can ask him his thoughts on what LEDs to buy. Granted they probably wont be as cheap as those eBay lights but would be much brighter and better quality.

Wayne
Yup, i can wait. Its not that it dose not work currently, its jsut i prefer to get it done soon while i have the whole plastic body disassembled.
Not anything close to cheap but these are the ones he recommended for "colored" bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Ultin...HT8ZQX9J4VPNX0

For white bulbs he suggested these

https://www.xenondepot.com/t10-w5w-1...t-led-194c.htm

Wayne

2012 Rancher 420: 25" Maxxis Zillas - Polished 12" ITP Wheels - Custom Retrofitted 5000K HID Projector Headlights With Amber LED Parking Lights - Dual 9 Single Row LED Light Bars - KFI Winch Mount - Badlands 2500lb Winch With Disconnect, 6000lb Synthetic Rope & Aluminum Fairlead - Dry Box Mounted On Fender - Custom Stainless Steel Front Basket Rack - Ceramic Coated
Next Mod: Front & Rear Basket Racks, Windsheild
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 59 times
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis25 View Post
Quote:
If you wouldnt mind waiting until this afternoon i can talk to a buddy of mine that is big into automotive lightning upgrades, retrofits and custom lighting. Not only does it built custom lights he also sells only high quality products. I can ask him his thoughts on what LEDs to buy. Granted they probably wont be as cheap as those eBay lights but would be much brighter and better quality.

Wayne
Yup, i can wait. Its not that it dose not work currently, its jsut i prefer to get it done soon while i have the whole plastic body disassembled.
Not anything close to cheap but these are the ones he recommended for "colored" bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Ultin...HT8ZQX9J4VPNX0

For white bulbs he suggested these

https://www.xenondepot.com/t10-w5w-1...t-led-194c.htm

Wayne
oh god.... ya no....

I appreciate the recommendation, dont get me wrong, and maybe others will take it, but I think for my budget and lack of overall "need" to do it, I will buy some generic Chinese ones that "may" fit it. Worst case is i spent $5 for an entire kit to change whole ATV over (compared to $35+ for "guaranteed" fit)
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
So I went ahead and ordered 3x 10 packs of those led bulbs I found on ebay (red,green,blue). Cost 2.90 for all three sets.

I figure they are fine for indicator lights, and if they don't fit, well it was less than $3. If they fit and work, great! I will just slap a little but of Elmer's rubber cement to make em moisture resistant and be done.

I will report back with results (coming from china so could be a month before you hear anything)

1994 TRX300fw 4x4 "Scar"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Does anyone know where i can buy these? I cant seem to locate them on ebay, amazon, or aliexpress.

I saw a post on hondaATVforum a while ago about this exact headlight, but no-one ever posted its manufacturer or model.

post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok so, I ended up finding them.... FINALLY (took me like an hour and a half cuz no one ever posts links).
Found them here:
https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Bac...QQ4H7WQJCWZ78T

Before I buy them, i have a question on the electrical system.
Is a single headlight on the 1994 trx300fw 25w or 50w (25/25w says manual)?
I keep seeing people putting like 35 or 40 watt HEID bulbs in the stock housings.

I looked in the manual and saw that it recommends a 25/25w bulb (is that 50w per headlight?). I just want to know if i can buy a higher power 48w (5,200 lumens) version of this or just stick with the 18W (1500 lumens) ones.

cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	20
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	128054  

Last edited by Orvis25; 08-05-2018 at 10:07 PM.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I decided to go ahead with the 18W kit just to be safe, and so that my trx300fw can actually charge the battery better even when the lights are on (as they are 18w compared to stock 25w). More juice for winch at night in long plows.

I will report back on the china LED bulbs I got, and this 18w front retrofit when I get around to it.

thanks those who offered help and input.
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update:

Here is a quick video I did on the headlight installation. I do not have the ATV assembled yet to the point where I can do night time footage, but they do seem at least 25% brighter minimum.
Enjoy!

Jeepwm69 likes this.
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 12:26 PM

Liked: 13 times
Garage
FWIW I swapped the indicator bulbs for LED and they were so obnoxiously bright even in bright daylight that I went back to the OEM.

When you guys install the flush mount LED pods, are you going with floods or spots?

Boise, Idaho

'88 Honda TRX350D
'88 Honda TRX300 (2wd)
'76 Honda XL350
'74 Honda CT90
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_m View Post
FWIW I swapped the indicator bulbs for LED and they were so obnoxiously bright even in bright daylight that I went back to the OEM.

When you guys install the flush mount LED pods, are you going with floods or spots?
The Ones i got are flood. Only ones i saw available in that flush style. That and i imagine the spot ones would be impossible to align correctly since you are straight up bolting them in a stationary position with no mechanical adjustment.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 09:43 AM

Liked: 3323 times
Looks good Orvis.

I've put floods in the grill, with a lightbar on the front rack for long range.

Wire the floods in the grill to the tail light hot wire, so they're on anytime the headlight switch is in the on position, regardless of hi/low beam switch position.

Then wire the light bar on the rack to the high beam wires. So with lights on in low, flood pods are on. With lights on in high, both flood pods and light bar are on.

I'm blind as a bat. I like lots of lights so I can see where I'm going.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Visual & Body Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode