SuperATV is back! With a brake question... - Honda ATV Forum
Super ATV

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Liked: 30 times
SuperATV is back! With a brake question...

Hey guys!
We're back on the forums! My name is Erik, and I wear many hats at SuperATV. it's been awhile, but we are trying to get more involved. Quick question..

What would you pay for a quality hydraulic rear disc brake kit?

We have an awesome front disc brake kit, but we understand the current mechanical rear kit can be a bear to adjust to your liking. The current kit is $229.95, and converting our kit to hydraulic would be more expensive. We want to know what a fair price point would be and if it would be worth converting it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:32 AM

Liked: 2930 times
Thanks for addressing the issue most seem to have had with the existing setup, and even more so for offering a discount to members here.

I would probably go $300 if the setup would work well and the parking brake still worked.

It looks like figuring out a way to keep the Reverse lockout on a Honda would be the difficult part. The line would be cheap, but getting a left brake lever with a master cylinder that still had the Reverse lockout and parking brake would be the tough part.

It really all depends on how you do it. If the result works well, doesn't mess too much with the parking brake/ reverse function built into the left brake, I'd pay up for it.

I'm curious as to what you have in mind exactly as far as a conversion. Guys here might be able to give some input on ways to keep the functionality of the reverse lockout and parking brake when converting to hydraulic.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:53 AM

Liked: 1990 times
Garage
You could run a cable operated master cylinder like on the rear of the Rubicon/Rincon. Master cylinder itself is down by the foot brake, I think the foot brake may actually directly actuate the master cyl. Would have to look at one. Anyway, having a setup like that would allow you to keep the reverse lockout.

I think $300 would be a good target price, more than that most people probably won't be willing to pay up. I'd still like to see a wet brake setup on the rear of the SRA Hondas but that might be a bit extreme lol
SuperATV, _Wilson_ and retro like this.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Liked: 30 times
You guys are awesome! Great input! I'll shoot this up the ladder and try get the ball rolling on this...and keep it affordable.
_Wilson_ and retro like this.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1955 times
I think it would be far easier to have the park brake cable operated and have the foot brake hydraulic, that said, I removed my foot brake lever and built foot boards to suit, I’m sure many others have too. Either way, your product needs to be user friendly and based on stock ATV’s in my opinion.

I’m looking forward to this as I was considering a rear disc mod.
SuperATV likes this.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 11:50 AM

Liked: 2930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamUK View Post
I think it would be far easier to have the park brake cable operated and have the foot brake hydraulic, that said, I removed my foot brake lever and built foot boards to suit, Im sure many others have too. Either way, your product needs to be user friendly and based on stock ATVs in my opinion.

Im looking forward to this as I was considering a rear disc mod.
I'm pretty sure this is how the Rincons are set up.
SamUK likes this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamUK View Post
I think it would be far easier to have the park brake cable operated and have the foot brake hydraulic, that said, I removed my foot brake lever and built foot boards to suit, Im sure many others have too. Either way, your product needs to be user friendly and based on stock ATVs in my opinion.

Im looking forward to this as I was considering a rear disc mod.
I'm pretty sure this is how the Rincons are set up.
Ahh ok, Ive never seen a Rincon so dont know. Not a very popular machine here.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:28 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6276 times
Garage
The hydraulic kit would be worthless to me , unless SuperATV would start building a rear disc kit for a 250/350 rear end ( used in 300 mods ) , I think all it would take is a rotor hub that would fit the axle spline , which is smaller diameter than your kit works with

So I would be willing to pay for a rear disc kit that doesn't fit my bike and the parts needed to make that kit fit

Erik , right now I have 7 front disc kits ( 3 -300 4wd , 3 - 300 2wd "Super Atv 4x4 kits I modified " , 1 -450 4x4 and 1 - 450 rear disc kit ) == how's about coming up with some better brake pads
_Wilson_ and SamUK like this.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
The hydraulic kit would be worthless to me , unless SuperATV would start building a rear disc kit for a 250/350 rear end ( used in 300 mods ) , I think all it would take is a rotor hub that would fit the axle spline , which is smaller diameter than your kit works with

So I would be willing to pay for a rear disc kit that doesn't fit my bike and the parts needed to make that kit fit

Erik , right now I have 7 front disc kits ( 3 -300 4wd , 3 - 300 2wd "Super Atv 4x4 kits I modified " , 1 -450 4x4 and 1 - 450 rear disc kit ) == how's about coming up with some better brake pads
^^^What he said^^^

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

2004 Foreman 450S

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 06:36 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 416 times
I’m doing a rear brake delete on mine. Have all the cables & foot pedal removed already. However, if Super ATV makes a rear kit, I’d be in!! The front discs I have now are awesome.
SuperATV, _Wilson_ and SamUK like this.

1995 Honda 300, 355bbk, 40b Webcam, Springs & Hardened Rockers, 300ex Carb, Ricks CDI, FMF Full Exhaust, EBC DRC Clutch Kit, Outlaw Clutch Springs, Twin Air Filter, HL Disc Brake Conversion, Wide Open 424 kit, HL 2" lift, Bronco Shocks, 26" Zillas, Terra 35 Super Winch, Heat Demon Hand/Thumb Warmers, Powermadd Hand Guards, PIAA 35w Bulbs

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Supporting Vendors > Super ATV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in