Honda ATV Forum banner

OEM vs after market parts

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 ·
I'm about to do a topend rebuild on a 2006 rancher 350fm 4x4. Are there after market parts of equal quality as OEM parts?

#2 ·
send your jug to G+H ATV , they will bore it fit a new Shindy piston , supply all the rings , wrist pin , clips , seals , etc. needed for the job for a little over $200 ----they also now offer a Taiwanese new jug , I bought one about a year ago and it is on one of my 300s , could not tell you which one , none of them smoke so it must be ok , personally I wouldn't buy anything from China

#4 ·
I'm guessing he's asking about those Niche top end kits for the 350 Rancher.

My neighbor ordered one but I haven't put it on yet. I think it was $79 for everything.

I don't expect it to last long at all, but he wanted to try it.
I purchased a niche cv axle for my 06 tax 350FM A and the axle refused to go in. I compared the old part and the new part and they had the same spline count. however right below the splines, the vertical metal cylinder before it touches the boot was bigger on the new part than the old part. what cv axle can I buy online that will fit in my 4x4? part number is 42350-HN5-N00

#7 ·
yeah, the sixty axles seem to do pretty good for after market, they are still china, but I have not had a problem from any of them that I have installed on atvs lately. and your correct, they do have two versions , I opt for the higher end versions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.