Honda ATV Forum banner

Help with Steering/ Alignment?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DarynCochran3 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I finally got my 4x4 conversion done. Everything works, but now I've ran into another problem. My bike will not steer. It is not even rideable. It takes everything I have to turn it. Once you back up and it goes to one side, it takes off and steers that way very aggressively. I think it could be three things. The first thing I think it could be is the toe/ alignment. I adjusted them but maybe I didn't do it right? The next thing I think it might be is the Spool Locker I put in my front diff. I'm kinda thinking it isn't though, as not many people mention this terrible of steering, and it even does this when I put my 424 Selector on 2wd. The last thing I think it could be is the upper a arms. I had to use the 2wd upper a arms off of my bike. One of the 4x4 uppers had a bad dent in it, and I didn't realize it. The 2wd and 4wd uppers are a little bit different, but I'm not sure if that would cause that. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Thanks

#4 ·
So with the bike not running or moving how hard is it to turn the handle bars?
Jack the front wheels up off the ground and move the handle bars back and forth, how easy are they to turn? Watch the front wheels, how do they track with each other. Then turn one wheel by hand, what does the other one do?

But yea it sounds like the locker isn't unlocking, which will make it harder to steer while driving.

#5 ·
I'm gonna go with the locker. It locks both wheels together all the time, and I did some reading on another forum and a lot of people just take it back out cause it's so hard to steer. It's not bad to steer at all once it's jacked up. I'm gonna take my diff out and take it out. Hoping that will fix it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.