Please help!! Rincon grinds in reverse - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Repair & Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 3 times
Sorry, I didn't realize that the damage could happen on the inside and I found this damage here on this part. Could this be my problem? From what I could tell, there wasn't any damage anywhere else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4079.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	136108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	136110  
retro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3235 times
Yes, all of the gear change engagement/disengagement actions take place inside with those dogs. The gears themselves remain constantly meshed with each other.

I see in your pic that one of those dog sets have the edges worn off, but I'm blind as a bat so I'm gonna let someone else make the call... I can't see some things in photos... I struggle with details like that. Gettin' old sucks.

A note about worn dogs... if one set of dogs is worn/damaged then the part that it slides into & mates with will be worn/damaged too. Always replace both worn parts at the same time.
misterclean59 likes this.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Okay, I think there might be enough damage there for it to be grinding like that so Iíll order some parts and put it back together and see what happens. Wish me luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3235 times
Those dogs looked pretty wasted to me too, but as I said my eyes aren't reliable when viewing photos. When I put my magnifier on to see things the photos lose resolution and contrast and look fuzzy.

Make sure you get that updated part number and replace its mate. Both are junk if one of them is. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

So long story short, I got all my new parts, put it back together and it works perfect!!! Butt (of course) it leaks oil now super bad out of the case we had to take off. I replaced all gaskets yet they must not have sealed properly or something. Any suggestions?? Should I add a liquid gasket or something?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:53 AM

Liked: 3341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattperk14 View Post
So long story short, I got all my new parts, put it back together and it works perfect!!! Butt (of course) it leaks oil now super bad out of the case we had to take off. I replaced all gaskets yet they must not have sealed properly or something. Any suggestions?? Should I add a liquid gasket or something?

Shouldn't have to use Hondabond since there's a gasket there. Did you perhaps tear the gasket?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Repair & Maintenance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode