Honda ATV Forum banner

no power help!!!

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 ·
so I have a 2002 honda trx 400ex I have a new battery new fuse my 2 ground cables look fine but when I turn my key and hold the clutch and press button to start I hear nothing. nothing happens. no lights nothing. but I think I need new bulbs and also my neutral light stopped working like 2 weeks ago for some reason. but this no power thing just started. I was in the woods I turned the bike off took a break but when I tried to turn back on nothing, no wind no lights no sound at all nothing. like I said battery is new I charged it to 100% on battery charger. I took two screw drivers on the solenoid nuts and touched the two screw drivers together I saw spark and I heard it spin or whatever down there. so idk please help!!!

#2 ·
re-check all the fuses, I say this because from what your telling us ^^ ?, your not getting power to your ignition switch from battery.

Reactions: LedFTed
#3 ·
doe's it matter with a clutch, when ya jump the solenoid, or any including es, what gear its in. if it runs with key on.. i aint done this in a while. i forgot i left the key on, my mom's car, while i was working on it once. i used a jumper push button thing. the car started, pinned me to the garage. i was in front of it. i didnt care if i pulled plug wires or coil wire out of the distributor. i was lucky the distributor was in the front, and it idled slowly. lols

#10 ·
use a 12 volt dc test light, start tracing power from battery, in and out of fuse , all the way to ignition switch, and check all your ground cable connections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.