Busco Beach this weekend - Honda ATV Forum
Places to Ride This section contains information and reviews on Places to Ride, ATV Trails, and more!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1 times
Busco Beach this weekend

So i'm headed to Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC this weekend. it will be my first time there so i'm pretty pumped up about it. There is a group of us going and camping for the weekend. it will be my 2015 rubicon, another 2015 rubicon, and a 2010 grizzly 550. anyone else headed there this weekend? are there any folks here that have experience there and can share anything that i may want to know before arriving?

chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:15 AM

Liked: 11 times
Stay off the kiddy MX track and if possible avoid the peanut butter mud ha ha

16 Forman Rubicon FA7 Wife
17 Can Am 570 XT Back Up Ride
18 Forman Rubicon FA6 Main Ride
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallOut View Post
Stay off the kiddy MX track and if possible avoid the peanut butter mud ha ha
yup, the kiddy MX track might not be what i'm looking for? haha

I've read in other places about the peanut butter mud. I'm definitely not looking to get into anything crazy, just some trail riding and get a little muddy. I don't have any mods on my rubicon so i'll play it safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 02:29 PM

Liked: 7 times
I will say that even the smallest, most innocent looking hole will more than likely swallow your ride up. The issue is that the guys with the huge tires and lifts will go out and rut the crap out of a hole and when a stock atv goes through its too deep and potentially dangerous. Best advice I can give is be smart, if it looks iffy, don't even try it. More than likely you can probably follow another group and see them try stuff out. Bring a strap, toilet paper, and basic tools. Usually there is a lot of great people out there and everyone is very nice. Have fun!
TRX2fiveO likes this.

2014 Four Trax Foreman
26" Mud Rebels
2500# Warn winch
8" LED light bars

2001 Polaris Explorer
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 411 times
Garage
You will have to go inside of the office to register and have your photo taken for a nice drivers license like card. 10 bucks per bike 5 per person I believe 5 per night camping. . . . Do yourself a favor. go to the left of the office around the turn , down the rolling hills straight away and to the left are a cluster of trees. always shady there and no mosquitos camp there

"MOOSE WAGON "
00 TRX400EX aka "MOOSE ROCKET"
91 TRX250X aka "MOOSE WAGON" RETIRED
96 Polaris 400L sport (Mrs. Moose Ride)
07 Suzuki LTZ250 (Sons)
96 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer (daughters)
06 TRX450ER aka === Under construction

Progress and Help
PM FOR MANUAL HELP
JETTING
Service_Manual_Downloads
2000_400EX_Build
400EX_Pivot_Bolt_
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX2fiveO View Post
You will have to go inside of the office to register and have your photo taken for a nice drivers license like card. 10 bucks per bike 5 per person I believe 5 per night camping. . . . Do yourself a favor. go to the left of the office around the turn , down the rolling hills straight away and to the left are a cluster of trees. always shady there and no mosquitos camp there
Thanks for the info!! We ended up camping in another spot directly on the beach about 15 feet from the water, it was awesome! that place was awesome and we will definitely go back!!
TRX2fiveO likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 04:02 PM

Liked: 2 times
Glad you enjoyed it. I live 10 mins from busco, and I can assure you there are better places to ride in eastern nc. Especially if you're not in the whole get drunk and fight scene. That's about all that goes on at busco after dark anynore.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamv7010 View Post
Glad you enjoyed it. I live 10 mins from busco, and I can assure you there are better places to ride in eastern nc. Especially if you're not in the whole get drunk and fight scene. That's about all that goes on at busco after dark anynore.
It turn into a party scene after dark which I didn't like but the riding was good. Also it was cheap.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 04:14 PM

Liked: 2 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamv7010 View Post
It turn into a party scene after dark which I didn't like but the riding was good. Also it was cheap.
When the river is around 14ft or so it's pretty good, much over that you've gotta float around. How much is it to even get in now? I don't think I've ever had to pay. Lol
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

We paid 60. That was one night of camping, 1 atv for 2 days, and the day fee for 2 adults for 2 days. Way cheaper than other places than I've seen. The place does need some up keep but I had fun. My next trip will probably be somewhere in WV. Where else is the to ride in NC? Somewhere close to my location would be nice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Places to Ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode