Suggested rules to follow - Honda ATV Forum
Pay it Forward The place to offer items to help out your fellow members. Remember to pay it forward! No money will be requested or posted here.

7Likes
  • 3 Post By shadetree
  • 2 Post By Goober
  • 1 Post By mrbb
  • 1 Post By shadetree

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 4 times
Suggested rules to follow

Since I am the one who suggested this new addition I figured I would lay down some guidelines. I got this idea from a different forum that I frequent. The idea behind this is that people will post items that they no longer need, but do not want to "sell".

If you take something, you need to post something.

I suggest that we do NOT keep this atv related, but open it up to all items. This will hopefully keep things flowing a little faster and consistent.

Shipping will be up to the individual who is "Paying it Forward".

Obviously, if the admins do not like these guidelines, change them. I am just suggesting what I have seen on another site.

Have fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4420 times
Garage
seeing how this is an atv forum , I think it really should be nothing but atv related parts ?, but I am open to what the admin's have to say about this :-). this is a give-take chance for all members to use, I hope every one uses it to a good cause !.
Goober, _Wilson_ and SamUK like this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:51 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1515 times
If it's a virtual swap meet wanted, best if primarily ATV/(UTV) parts. I think the threads we have could serve the purpose, but I haven't seen how/whether this other format works to make an informed decision
_Wilson_ and SamUK like this.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2131 times
I'm with the others on this one, it should be ATV/UTV related or at the very least whatever was up for grabs had something thrown in that was ATV related.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 10:17 AM

Liked: 2151 times
well I think its a NICE idea, but I honestly DON"T see it working that great
due to distances of members
I typically give away a lot o things I no longer have a use for, so I get it

but when it ends up costing money and time to box and ship, it can be a lot harder to make happen, heck at times the shipping alone can be more than buying a NEW item?
I think we all tend to GIVE things to those about us we like, or if enough worth, just sell things, even cheap at times to find them hones

like I said good idea, but I don't see it working out very well, unless with members living very close to each other!
Goober likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
well, I've already started the process of giving a part away ( just not enough postage on the stamp !..lol ), gave a choke clip away to a member here, cost ? 2 stamps !. he should get it here soon. this is a chance to give parts away that are not needed ?, or to help a member out when in need ?, this isn't about making money ?, or how much it will cost to ship something ?, if the person that needs it bad enough ?, then they should pay to have it shipped..BUT THAT IS ALL THE CASH THAT WILL BE NEEDED !. this is an honest, open chance to show the next person how much we as real people can help a man/woman in need..LET'S GET-R-DONE !..lol.
303hunter likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 4 times
If everyone thinks things should be atv related then I am fine with that. I was just hoping that opening it up to other items would encourage people to do the same. It also kind of gives people a chance to get rid of some stuff they no longer need and hope to help the next generation, or just anyone.

And you are right, if this was a forum full of a bunch of local people then this would be much easier. But it really does not cost a lot to ship smaller items.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79TA7.6 View Post
If everyone thinks things should be atv related then I am fine with that. I was just hoping that opening it up to other items would encourage people to do the same. It also kind of gives people a chance to get rid of some stuff they no longer need and hope to help the next generation, or just anyone.

And you are right, if this was a forum full of a bunch of local people then this would be much easier. But it really does not cost a lot to ship smaller items.
cost me 2 dang stamps !!..lmfaooooo.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Classifieds > Pay it Forward

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode