New Site Look and Feel Feedback Thread - Honda ATV Forum
Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Supporting Member

Liked: 143 times
Garage
New Site Look and Feel Feedback Thread

Hello Everyone,

Goose here!

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for HondaATVForums.net! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit .

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join HondaATVForums.net , they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.

As a forum member you can choose to use the new design (which is on by default) or you can go back to the old design. We ask that you give it a chance and see if you like it. Like anything new, it will be unfamiliar at first, but we suspect that the speed difference will make you want to use this new one. If you do decide to switch back, the link is at the bottom left of each forum page, you pull down and select the theme called "HondaATVForums.net Classic".

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your Honda, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others.

5) Users will be able to register with Facebook

6) Premium Members can hide the sidebar in their options:

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

7) Another new great feature is the @Mention user plugin. You can tag members by simply using the @ symbol.

8) Drag and Drop image uploader

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out.

Thanks,
- Your HondaATVForums.net Team

And Goose!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 PM

Liked: 261 times
Garage
Great improvements on the site. I'm sure after everyone gets used to the layout we'll all be much better off!

I noticed some issues when videos are implemented in the thread. For example, take a look at this post and try to scroll all the way down:
https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...g-bracket.html

I have Google chrome, shouldn't matter too much! But on the old version, as soon as a video was inserted it became all whacky. On this new version, it seems better, until you scroll to the bottom.
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #3 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Supporting Member

Liked: 376 times
Uh oh, The "new" site came up when I logged on, I thought it had malfunctioned and it took me ages to find out how to revert to the old style again

Well I didn't know and nobody told me so I thought it was broken. I'm old, you have to tell me these things with technology
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:55 PM

Liked: 1990 times
Garage
Idk what you guys are talking about it still looks the same on Tapatalk lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TRX2fiveO likes this.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
post #5 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4185 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodp View Post
Uh oh, The "new" site came up when I logged on, I thought it had malfunctioned and it took me ages to find out how to revert to the old style again

Well I didn't know and nobody told me so I thought it was broken. I'm old, you have to tell me these things with technology
lol, i'm old too, and I hate change !..if it's not broken ?, don't fix it !, if it is broken ?, it needed replacing anyway !..lol.
misterclean59 and _Wilson_ like this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #6 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Supporting Member

At bottom left of page is a little scroll down bit where you can alter the view. I'm back on the new one now but, although I appreciate the work put in, I don't really like. I'm sticking with the old style I think.

yep, that's me back on the old one, it fits me better
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #7 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
At bottom left of page is a little scroll down bit where you can alter the view. I'm back on the new one now but, although I appreciate the work put in, I don't really like. I'm sticking with the old style I think.

yep, that's me back on the old one, it fits me better
I will give it a go for a few days, see how it works ?, but I must agree, I liked the old layout better, easier to get around and stuff to me anyway :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #8 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:

lol, i'm old too, and I hate change !..if it's not broken ?, don't fix it !, if it is broken ?, it needed replacing anyway !..lol.
I'm quite happy here on the old page, I'll stay here until evicted. lol
Freedomflyer likes this.
post #9 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:

I'm quite happy here on the old page, I'll stay here until evicted. lol
turned 53 yesterday, and today seeing this makes me feel like 93 !..lmao.
Freedomflyer and _Wilson_ like this.

post #10 of 149 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1955 times
I'm young and don't like it, changed it back to the old style. In all honesty, as a relatively new member I thought the layout was spot on as it was. Tried the Mobile app layout, its all to big, can't get enough on the screen so that was also a no no for me.
Good work to those who made the changes but I'm all for the old layout.
Freedomflyer likes this.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in