Nightly Database Issues - Honda ATV Forum
Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3158 times
Nightly Database Issues

For the 3rd night in a row now the database has not been updating threads properly. Last night it got so bad that I abandoned the site because entire previous posts were missing in recent threads. Its beginning to happen again tonight so I'm about to bail out of here again. See the screenshot of new posts versus those listed in the recent discussions sidebar. Last night it was acting its worse after 3:00 AM EST and its on schedule to repeat tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	database-issue.png
Views:	18
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	128306  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 05:53 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6797 times
Garage
Now that you mention that , I had noticed something strange , I thought it was a form of censorship , and the post were removed till they were censored , cause I noticed the post that would disappear and then would pop up after a member with moderator status would visit the site , they would be post 2-3 hours old that would pop up , what happens is I see a new post on the active topic list , but when you go to view it , it is not there , when you return to the active post list , it is also gone , then hours later the post will pop up , some post never do , I know cause they were mine , maybe those post never did go thru right to start with , lots of bad things going on
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Yep, I been seeing the same things happening to your posts early in the AM fishfiles. There one second, gone the next. Night before last I posted following yours... yours was gone along with the others all the way back to 10:30 PM but mine showed up. So I deleted my post.

This thread is still not shown in the chronologically ordered Recent Discussions list on the sidebar as of this posting at 11:00 AM EST.

It is effectively a censorship, because anyone that posts after midnight might not show up. If they do, others might not. The chronological posting order gets destroyed.

We get new members showing up in here each late night/early AM. I wonder if some of those are just being disappeared?
@VS_Goose send this one all of the way to the top of your hierarchy ASAP please? This began at midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning EST. It fits your guys pattern of destructive changes going down on Tuesdays.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 10:07 AM

Liked: 3254 times
I've discovered that the site pretty much doesn't work anymore for me on IE. I pulled it up using Firefox and it works much better.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Supporting Member

Liked: 376 times
I'm on Firefox with optic fibre broadband, and this is the slowest site I've ever been on by far. Sometimes click on a thread then go and make a coffee while it loads.

1998 TRX300FW, Apart from winch it's original. Honda got it right, why mess. (Sold to collector)

2013 TRX500FMD, ex lifeboat service and very low hours / miles.

1986 TRX350D, tidy but a project.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Its begun the database corruption cycle again tonight, commencing between 11:00 PM & 11:30 PM EST. Say goodnight Gracie...

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 04:03 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6797 times
Garage
What would it take to start up a atv website forum and keep it up and running - that's monetarily and labor wise
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
What would it take to start up a atv website forum and keep it up and running - that's monetarily and labor wise
I’m no tech expert but I should imagine it would be easier to speed this one up.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2045 times
I use this site mainly off my iPhone using the classic skin, I have to say that although it has gotten a little slower it’s still not so slow that it puts me off being online. I’ve also used the site on a iPad to which the site was also pretty quick.

The only faults I had were the ‘likes’, and temporary issues when tech were tinkering with the security updates or whatever it is they like to tinker with!

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 09:07 AM

Liked: 1805 times
Garage
Quote:
I use this site mainly off my iPhone using the classic skin, I have to say that although it has gotten a little slower it’s still not so slow that it puts me off being online. I’ve also used the site on a iPad to which the site was also pretty quick.

The only faults I had were the ‘likes’, and temporary issues
Here lately I've had little to no issues except 'likes' too, I'm with Sam here it's not AS bad as it was......iPad, and smart phone both, both for me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in