replying to thread, not signed in, more or less - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4210 times
Garage
welllllllllll, I for one am too getting the likes, click on it, and it takes me to my profile page, and I can click on them from there, sooooo..still must be broken from all these changes ?!, SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CHANGE TAKES PLACE ?....THINGS BREAK, AND NEVER WORK RIGHT !..LMFAO. ( unless it's broken ?..DON'T FIX IT ).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Liked: 144 times
Garage
For the login issues, this could be an issue with GDCP/UK privacy laws changing how cookies operate, when was the last time you cleared cache and cookies and used the remember me box when logging in?

@shadetree - SSL and GDCP/UK cookie changes are mandatory. There is no "If its not broke dont fix it". It's required and in place. The issues are being looked into.

Account or Site issue? Post here: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-help-support/
post #23 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 416 times
links

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Great! I got another question for ya Ed. By any chance are you sometimes opening another browser window (or tab) in Private browsing mode? Doing so bypasses your session cookie so you won't be logged in while that new Private window or tab is being used. If you aren't doing that ignore this question...

I also have occasional problems here late at night. A couple nights ago I was being logged out every time I clicked on something, so I just left and read another forum. Now tonight, I've noticed no new issues here. But lets face it... this place is an unsecured mess. We may have to learn to live with it.
tonight i was on 1st hard drive with windows. i logged in. when i open a new page here in a new link, i wasnt logged in, or when i did a reply, same thing.
now i am on linux 2nd hard drive and things are working like they should. i dont want to admit it could be me, but, i never went past Internet explorer 8 on 1st hard drive. i had problems with windows 7. they scrambled things, with out much instruction. it also looked like an invasion of privacy.
i could be wrong, wrong is a practice i keep, so i might learn things. //just ed

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have to though, to match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2776 times
Check your browser settings on your windows drive. It sounds like opening a new browser window starts a new browsing session rather than continuing on from your current session. Your login & session cookies are not valid across multiple sessions, although they are still read-able. You might be able to fix that by poking around a bit in your browser preferences. The operating system type has nothing to do with this issue, its a browser thing...

It sounds like you are concerned with your right to privacy, which is admirable. Its a lot of hard work as you can see... have fun with it. :-)

post #25 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Garage
You're running IE8 on your computer? or did I misread that?

If so, you need to update atleast to the newest version, or use Chrome/Firefox as Microsoft has stopped functionality support updates.

Account or Site issue? Post here: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-help-support/
post #26 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Goose View Post
You're running IE8 on your computer? or did I misread that?

If so, you need to update atleast to the newest version, or use Chrome/Firefox as Microsoft has stopped functionality support updates.
just on windows XP, 1st hard drive. it wouldn't upgrade IE8.. i couldnt understand windows 7. it was scrambled. thats why i got into lubuntu, an learned how to run it on a 2nd hard drive. You did read it correctly...
i dont get spam mail. not that it has to do with this subject, and havent in many years plus. i am soo concerned with security. firefox is dropping support for XP, and no wonder. that is why i went to linux. i have seen the writing on the wall, for many years, just stretched XP to the end. now i think its done. an then some.. i milked that cow from 2002. good cow. kicked me many a time with the milk bucket. so it goes. my version of linux, it stays updated. getting to move to lubuntu 18.04 LTS. still have a while, with 16.04 version LTS.
i think i'm still throwing my cards right, when it comes to these later problems. there could be a joker in the deck i dont think its me. Got the latest version of firefox, on both drives, plus use noscript, an a few others. i am leary of trackers. things are going to 64bit soon. time to get prepared. kbs wont mean a thing as far as uploads, or down loads. nuff said for the moment. //Ed

"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have to though, to match the way i walk" ed
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #27 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
It sounds like you are concerned with your right to privacy, which is admirable. Its a lot of hard work as you can see... have fun with it. :-)
right to privacy, is a hard row to hoe... bears good fruit, an well worth it
retro likes this.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #28 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Check your browser settings on your windows drive.
i have to try this out. i dont think i changed any browser settings, though the browser has changed with updates over the years. sometimes better, sometimes not so much. such is progress.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #29 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Garage
IE8 is an issue as theres nothing we can do to fix those function issues. Firefox should act fine here apart from the image issues.

I dont have much experience with Ubuntu/Linux. I was working on building a rig for it as I was doing some research on PEN testing but apart from that I have had Windows since the early 90's.

I havent used XP in a long time. IIRC didnt they offer the upgrade to Windows 10 for free at one point? Or was that only for 7.
SamUK likes this.

post #30 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Goose View Post
IE8 is an issue as theres nothing we can do to fix those function issues. Firefox should act fine here apart from the image issues.

I dont have much experience with Ubuntu/Linux. I was working on building a rig for it as I was doing some research on PEN testing but apart from that I have had Windows since the early 90's.

I havent used XP in a long time. IIRC didnt they offer the upgrade to Windows 10 for free at one point? Or was that only for 7.
I think your right, they did offer the upgrade but only for a short time

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2 lift kit, 28 mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22 LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode