replying to thread, not signed in, more or less - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Liked: 144 times
Garage
Id need a screenshot of the actual page and not the tab. I can't gather any information from just the tab's partial URL

Account or Site issue? Post here: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-help-support/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 416 times
next it happens, i hope to take a screenshot, should i remember to enable screenshot. i seems im having problems on other sites lately, that ae related to this sites problems. seems to due with security, an also java. some sites are secure, as this is going, others are not, like this was. i think some force wants control, online x multitudes. best leave off, for i get too, yakking to much. //ed

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have to though, to match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-27-2018 at 10:35 PM.
post #13 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Goose View Post
Id need a screenshot of the actual page and not the tab. I can't gather any information from just the tab's partial URL
should, an if this happens again, i ll do my best to capture the page. it hasnt done it in a few days.
got to get back into the, internet chigger nest.

"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have to though, to match the way i walk" ed
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 07-01-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Goose View Post
when i was replying to a thread at that time, many others, the page was blank.. that tab or whatever was the only thing that showed up. it done this over 5 times, never made it to 10. in the last few days it hasn't done it at all. 3 perhaps 4 days.
seems my sign ins may also work better.. likes i still got a problem with. never was enough anyway. thats on me. yuk yuk.
i will get back to you on other problems, later on. this thing where you cant read likes is a strange one. //ed
retro likes this.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up
post #15 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

sign in

Hey Goose; tonight i signed in. went to a different forum, had to sign in again, then tried to reply, but had to sign in again. thats when i lose my reply.. it disappears when i sign in the third time.
sign in was checked the 1st time an the 2nd., as has been in the past when this happens.. there is something else strange about this.. replying to a thread fishfiles name keeps showing up., must be ten or more times, this has happened. got two thumbnails that i hope displays least, the important part of the page. //ed
should this not work, i will try to download the thumbnails again. i am most courious why, when this happens, does fishfiles name keep coming up? is there a ghost in the machine?, hondaatvforums.. PS i think some might like me, or my words here, least they get a good yuk yuk,, i still cant get past my profile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00296.png
Views:	13
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	126956   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00295.png
Views:	12
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	126958  
retro likes this.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 06-30-2018 at 09:15 PM.
post #16 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2776 times
Hi Led,

The likes menu link is still broken. Clicking Likes takes you to your profile page. Once on your profile page, you can click on the number of Likes received listed there... and your Likes received should come up. This takes an extra click but its a workaround until they fix that menu. See attachment.

As for your login issues... I wonder if you are being logged out automatically due to inactivity on the forums? The site logs you out (your cookie expires) if you leave the site to browse elsewhere, or are inactive for a period of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	likes.png
Views:	11
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	126960  

post #17 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Hi Led,

The likes menu link is still broken. Clicking Likes takes you to your profile page. Once on your profile page, you can click on the number of Likes received listed there... and your Likes received should come up. This takes an extra click but its a workaround until they fix that menu. See attachment.

As for your login issues... I wonder if you are being logged out automatically due to inactivity on the forums? The site logs you out (your cookie expires) if you leave the site to browse elsewhere, or are inactive for a period of time.
i had not clicked on that part of my profile page.. i had understood it as to go back to the top, hit notifications, then click likes received. of course nothing happened.
i am not on the site long enough, to lose my login. i just go to a different page, on this site, then the next page reads, not logged in. some times it does it, other times it dont. it could be dish.net causing the problem. they did manage to point the dish, towards a tall tree, in the back yard. [a dish can be 80' away from house, with what research i done, an still work fine].. that would have been a clear shot to a satellite. time is money when installing. quality is a different subject. when this thing happens, it just shouldn't do it. some sort of fluke.
when i am on this site, i stay here till i am done, much to the agony of others.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 07-01-2018 at 01:24 AM. Reason: practice for when i finish editing
post #18 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

hey retro; this time i tried it the way you suggested, an it showed up fine. thanks. much appreciated. ed. just one of my names, some i wont print here.
retro likes this.

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 07-01-2018 at 01:39 AM.
post #19 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2776 times
Great! I got another question for ya Ed. By any chance are you sometimes opening another browser window (or tab) in Private browsing mode? Doing so bypasses your session cookie so you won't be logged in while that new Private window or tab is being used. If you aren't doing that ignore this question...

I also have occasional problems here late at night. A couple nights ago I was being logged out every time I clicked on something, so I just left and read another forum. Now tonight, I've noticed no new issues here. But lets face it... this place is an unsecured mess. We may have to learn to live with it.

post #20 of 128 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Great! I got another question for ya Ed. By any chance are you sometimes opening another browser window (or tab) in Private browsing mode? Doing so bypasses your session cookie so you won't be logged in while that new Private window or tab is being used. If you aren't doing that ignore this question...

I also have occasional problems here late at night. A couple nights ago I was being logged out every time I clicked on something, so I just left and read another forum. Now tonight, I've noticed no new issues here. But lets face it... this place is an unsecured mess. We may have to learn to live with it.
last night i was doing fine, till i left 2nd hard drive, linux, and went to 1st hard drive, windows. im using an older version of windows,XP. its about obscure an then some. then,, when dish installed the satellite dish receiver, they put it in near, behind the house, on the north side, faced it south-east a tad, when the spring came the tall tree in the back yard, is full of leaves, plus when it rains the leaves are full of water. anyone knows roundabout, water an electricity dont mix. radio/satellite waves are electric. except for dish installers. [you think,, course they know] Sat. needs a clear shot to the sky/satellites. the house blocks some signal, not near as much as the tree does.
part of the tree broke off last night. i think it was from the winds the previous day. ornamental pear trees break easy. make good fire wood though. had the whole tree fell, would have had plenty of fire wood, a clearer shot at the sky.
could move the dish receiver, cept my brother knows everything, he got it installed. its his dime, or mind.
when you know everything, you know nothing at all. know-it-alls, cant admit they are wrong. sad aint it.
enough venting. i feel better somewhat., well maybe some PS i wasnt using private browsing. this has been a resent problem, mostly, perhaps due to the change, here. got to admit, being on 63, an getting, busted up on occasion, got a change going on myself. not complaining, just is..

2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 07-03-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode