Site problem for me - Page 52 - Honda ATV Forum
Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #511 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Liked: 1622 times
Garage
Thx Retro!, man alive! ....l I hope i don't have get rid of safari

what i forgot to mention .... Before i started using the remember me box.... I'd get knocked out of the forums, and MOST times couldn't sign back in. ----- My, bad for leaving that fact out.

So now i just stayed signed in, it sure DOESN'T help with my post being wiped out, the note pad took care that.

Edit: glad to see you around again GRT :-)
retro likes this.

Last edited by _Wilson_; 05-05-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2775 times
I don't use the stay logged in tick box its not required on any website, not even my bank. If they think they are gonna get away with selectively denying service to every common browser/device and herding everyone into google chrome/firefox rat-traps, they're in for a long season of failure & loneliness.

The majority of the traffic here now are bots. On many other sites VS owns it's 100% bots. Their experts are fully responsible for sites emptying out, its not participants and their browsers, there's nothing we can do about their usery and low-life behaviors. We're not stupid, dependent punks like they hoped. We are free to create our own parasite-free solutions, we already possess those skills. Just one more line of BS just might become their last.
LedFTed likes this.

post #513 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Liked: 144 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Here we go again!! I was enjoying quiet Sunday morning coffee and my honda fix (catching up on fishes amp cure) and BAM!! Knocked out of the forums! And YA!! Did the same on the smart phone.... Took this screen shot.... This one I've never been hit with. And as always ----- I'm veiwing in classic mode.... Come on fellas lets get this sorted out! These issues are WAY PAST getting old!! That exit door is looking better and better! If weren't for my friends and the great members and help/advise here i would have been gone long ago.... GET WITH IT!!!!!

Just noting as others have ..... It's this forum ONLY!!

3rd time trying to post this....
Those are server errors. Let us know when they happen and what you were doing at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsRideToo View Post
I'm here.. LOL. The Remember Me box did not work for me. I ended up having to abandon Safari on my Macbook Pro and install Firefox. I should not have had to do this but it's the only way for me to stay logged in.

Today, the forum is dreadfully slow for me. Pages taking up to 15 seconds to load, if they load at all. Stall is only for this website. I'm logging out and going to do something less frustrating.
You shouldnt have to change your browser. Half our team uses Safari and it works fine.

I assume you did all the usual steps, cache and cookies, did you use the remember me box before? Any changes to your browser settings recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
The forum database is corrupted too, has been for about 2-2.5 weeks now, ever since GRT got run off her Safari browser, I see the same database corruption every time I log in. Nevermind ticking the keep me logged in box, that doesn't solve anything cause the problems are not the fault of you, or your browser, or your device and never will be. You may as well nevermind all of those amateurish responses and faux concerns from the admins too, they're all BS. The parasites are getting their data mined just fine, there are no service issues with this site.
The database is fine, there is no corruption. Please provide screenshots of what you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I don't use the stay logged in tick box its not required on any website, not even my bank. If they think they are gonna get away with selectively denying service to every common browser/device and herding everyone into google chrome/firefox rat-traps, they're in for a long season of failure & loneliness.

The majority of the traffic here now are bots. On many other sites VS owns it's 100% bots. Their experts are fully responsible for sites emptying out, its not participants and their browsers, there's nothing we can do about their usery and low-life behaviors. We're not stupid, dependent punks like they hoped. We are free to create our own parasite-free solutions, we already possess those skills. Just one more line of BS just might become their last.
Your session cookies expire after a length of time. Using the remember me box bypasses it most of the time and allows members with login issues to resolve them.

The traffic is fine and the majority are not bots. A lot of them are google crawlers which constantly scrape the site. That also includes spiders, and caching for sites like waybackmachine.

And we are not selectively denying specific browsers in an attempt to make members use Chrome and Firefox. As I stated above, over half our team uses Safari without issue.

Account or Site issue? Post here: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-help-support/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Those are server errors. Let us know when they happen and what you were doing at the time.
For me?? it Started around 4:50 am, lasted till 6:28 am

>>
Quote:
(catching up on fishes amp cure)
I gave a like and i was booted, then the error ..
post #515 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 2775 times
I'm afraid to show you and your experts your database corruption. Ain't no tellin' what y'all might screw up chasing your tails. A screenshot would be a waste of my time too... if you'd rather see some corrupted database action first hand I might show y'all how to rack up a coupla' thousand "Likes" n' "Quotes" in a very short time though. I'm talkin' rocket fueled corruption...! An' yer sayin' it ain't so...? LOL :-)

post #516 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 415 times
i thought ya had to use, the stay logged in session, check, ever time ya logged in,, just for thing's to work.. i.e. ,, , remember me, get to the next page.. , check/click button, while your online here...

clymers manual,service manual..
"what a good giff, the good lord gee us,not to see ourselves,as others see us"
hard to talk to morons. even more so, when related..
"ya should get 3 people ta smile or laugh every day" all will feel better
"sometimes, when drinking 5 or 6 bud's, nipping JB, Jim Beam, cinnamon in between, i start thinking sideways,,i have to though, to match the way i walk" ed
"those that dont study history, are doomed to repeat it"
"I HOPE i aint wrote nutting else stupid" "funniest comedy dont need curse words" "teach how to think, not what to" ed
"Genius can be measured,not stupid" Albert Einstein
"when you get to old to learn, then what good are you" ed
i havent done friends list,if i do, R the rest not friends?
2000 450es TRX
2 grass hog 4x4s
sum humor adds up

Last edited by LedFTed; 05-06-2019 at 09:55 PM.
post #517 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:04 PM

Liked: 352 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Goose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsRideToo View Post
I'm here.. LOL. The Remember Me box did not work for me. I ended up having to abandon Safari on my Macbook Pro and install Firefox. I should not have had to do this but it's the only way for me to stay logged in.

Today, the forum is dreadfully slow for me. Pages taking up to 15 seconds to load, if they load at all. Stall is only for this website. I'm logging out and going to do something less frustrating.
You shouldnt have to change your browser. Half our team uses Safari and it works fine.

I assume you did all the usual steps, cache and cookies, did you use the remember me box before? Any changes to your browser settings recently?
Hooray for half your team, Goose, but I'm not on your team. Please don't tell me, again and again, about cache, cookies or settings. I'm not a soccer mom playing on the Internet for entertainment. Proudly, I fall into the geek category.
For the last time, my version of Safari on my 2 year old MacBook Pro is incompatible with this website.

Goose, please explain to the forum members/guest exactly WHY/HOW the miracle "Remember Me" check box solves the problem of not being able to stay logged in to this forum and/or forum error messages. I think this information would be very helpful.
LedFTed likes this.
post #518 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Garage
When hitting 'Remember me', you are making the cookie file that keeps you signed into the site from expiring. Without hitting that you can only stay signed in indefinitely if you maintain activity, otherwise the cookie will expire and you'll be signed out. This also resolves most login loops.

As for the errors, Remember me does not resolve them. That is something that needs to be looked at by tech, but as with all of these kinds of issues, they are hard to track down.

Account or Site issue? Post here: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-help-support/
post #519 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
Quote:
For me?? it Started around 4:50 am, lasted till 6:28 am

>>
Quote:
(catching up on fishes amp cure)
I gave a like and i was booted, then the error ..
Which post. I want to go do some testing. Try liking this post as well to see.
_Wilson_ likes this.

post #520 of 528 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:21 PM

Garage
Okay will do next time i see you online ----- I'll add there's a slight delay for the like to happen... No clue why that started happeneing .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode