Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 09:53 AM

Liked: 3238 times
While I understand the "everybody is using our product for free", the way photobucket is going about this is going to destroy them. I give PB a year before it no longer exists.
_Wilson_ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 01:10 PM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
If they intended to make money , they should have figured this out from day one, i don't feel sorry for there mistake. because they have efectively made a mess in our forums.....

My 2 scents
Jeepwm69 likes this.

1986 fourtrax trx350, 97 300 fwd.
Fully customizing a 1999 fourtrax 300 fwd.
<<<< Garages.
Oct 15th, Dale Earnhardt jr. Day

Wilson™ aka Termite
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3148 times
For about $35-$45 per year anyone can have their own domain + hosting paid for, and have private email, a public or private website, plus host your own photos and whatever else you'd like to have available for sharing. Everything remains in your immediate control that way... you own and manage all content public and private. You eliminate all TPTB exploitation schemes too... Been doing it that way myself since Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet... :-)
LedFTed likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 06:54 PM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
Spotted al bore invented the net ? HAHA! Good one, the only things he's ever accomplished is being busted for is feeling up a couple of masage therapist ....... What a full blown blooming idiot..............
Jeepwm69 and LedFTed like this.
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:08 AM

Liked: 2049 times
Garage
I have no problem uploading pictures to my own site NOW. The issue is the probably couple thousand images I managed to accumulate on PB over the last decade lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Liked: 147 times
Garage
Any major build threads or how-tos you found that are effected? I found some work arounds that might help.

Also, found this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ifiaedg?hl=enm

Seems to be working nicely for the moment until PB tries to shut it down.

Account or Site issue? Post here: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-help-support/
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:49 AM

Liked: 5 times
Garage
Thinking out loud, and me keeping in mind Im new here, and my opinion carries no weight..

I am a member of metal working forum, that has been around since 2004, the owner and admin, will not allow at any time anyone to post pictures hosted on any other medium. All images must be uploaded to the forums server, for this specific reason. Pics stay put.

Im the admin for a doctors private forum, and Ive carried that policy over and practice it as well. This is not one of those things anyone saw coming, but in the same breath, being free, no on can say they are surprised its happened.

Randomly, I quit using photobucket about 7 years back, only because of policy changes they made and lack of control of privacy.

Anymore, I dont post any images to hosting sites that are free. If I cant post to the forum server, I just dont post.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6766 times
Garage
I just went thru something kind of opposite to Busted Knuckles scenario , another atv site I went to will only let you upload pics from a server or host , you can't upload from your computer , so I didn't load any pics and got called out for it --------- I think it should be as easy as possible for posters , as I'd bet there are a lot of good pics that are never seen because the poster gives up trying to figure it out , every body is not a wiz at it
Jeepwm69 and _Wilson_ like this.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Supporting Member

Liked: 147 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_Knuckles View Post
Thinking out loud, and me keeping in mind Im new here, and my opinion carries no weight..

I am a member of metal working forum, that has been around since 2004, the owner and admin, will not allow at any time anyone to post pictures hosted on any other medium. All images must be uploaded to the forums server, for this specific reason. Pics stay put.

Im the admin for a doctors private forum, and Ive carried that policy over and practice it as well. This is not one of those things anyone saw coming, but in the same breath, being free, no on can say they are surprised its happened.

Randomly, I quit using photobucket about 7 years back, only because of policy changes they made and lack of control of privacy.

Anymore, I dont post any images to hosting sites that are free. If I cant post to the forum server, I just dont post.
While the images would be better protected, the issue is that hosted embedding has been around here since the site started, and to remove it now would cause some issues for members.

Just because you are new doesn't mean anything. All opinions carry weight regardless of time in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
I just went thru something kind of opposite to Busted Knuckles scenario , another atv site I went to will only let you upload pics from a server or host , you can't upload from your computer , so I didn't load any pics and got called out for it --------- I think it should be as easy as possible for posters , as I'd bet there are a lot of good pics that are never seen because the poster gives up trying to figure it out , every body is not a wiz at it
What site was this?
_Wilson_ likes this.

Account or Site issue? Post here: https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forum...-help-support/
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 12:11 PM

Liked: 3238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Goose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_Knuckles View Post

While the images would be better protected, the issue is that hosted embedding has been around here since the site started, and to remove it now would cause some issues for members.

Just because you are new doesn't mean anything. All opinions carry weight regardless of time in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
What site was this?
HL. Couple of the local nuts over there are giving fish a hard time. LOL
_Wilson_ likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Discussions > Hondaatvforums.net Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode