Honda TRX Discussions for the Honda TRX, 90, 250, 300, 400, 450, 700

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
pst

Liked: 12 times
Garage
91 200D type 2 fourtrax find

New here but I did post some in the new persion forum but here is a re cap. A old friend gave me this 91 200D so I am going to try and get it running and bring it back to life for a working rig around the house So far I have got it to fire but the throttle and choke cables are froze up but the carb needs a good cleaning The body work is in great shape the only thing broken on it is the tail light lens The rear tires are shot but tubs might work for awhile Not long but then there will be no hi speeds either All the lights work even the warning lights The muffler has broken off but I have it and I think I can weld it back with some patching I was surprised the gas tank is great and shows no rust at all in it . I will give it and they hole fuel system a good cleaning I want to thank Goober for the links to the manuals the help there will be great so thank you again I will need all the advise I can get as I go along this will be an extremely low budget fix But there are a few things I want to end up with I will need to fab up a hitch soon it will be used towing different trailers around Not real heavy just like wood spliter and wood hauler and such So the plan right now when it cools off in the evenings is to get the tank pulled cables and carb pulled and cleaned and lubed up so I can get it to run and see how it is Run it threw the gears to see if there ok then get an Idea on what needs fixed the most first and see what the cost would be. I do need to find used tires I am looking here in Idaho but so far no luck

So any help advise will be a great help and be thanks often
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3099.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	138692   Click image for larger version

Name:	tire size.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	138698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Muffler air cleaner.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	861.0 KB
ID:	138702  

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4408 times
Garage
I see you figured out how to start a thread !. try searching salvage yards that carries atvs !. or maybe look at power sports nation, maybe they have some used tires, or ebay ?.
Goober likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
pst

Garage
I have looked for a salvage yards but most within 100 mi of home do not bother with atv stuff So I am checking or have checked with all the tire shops I am even going to check out golf cart shops I just need something that will roll for now Something will pop up I hope I think this evening or so I will get the carb out to clean up and make sure the trans is not goorked if it is I can part it out,,The fenders and racks are in great shape so there is that I am watching Ebay but nothing in the tire department yet
_Wilson_ likes this.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4408 times
Garage
I would see if it will run before you go messing with tires ! :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
pst

Garage
It fired this morning so it run's now just have to clean up the fuel system and check the trany before I spend anything but I do want to find what I may need and se the prices so I know what the end cost could be
Goober likes this.

thanks
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:05 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1508 times
Is that air filter kinda flakey? Looks pretty soft like itís falling apart. Donít want them flakes in your clean carb
_Wilson_ likes this.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:14 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1508 times
Would this seat fit yours?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F80500A8-8522-4AAE-99A3-DE079B6A5F8E.png
Views:	12
Size:	744.0 KB
ID:	138744  

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
pst

Garage
yea I think it is DOA it will not go back but got another plan kind of It has a hard inner screen this goes over so I think I can find some same material and wrap the screen with that amd hold it with clamps for now should work the screen has a good fraime and end plat

thanks
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
pst

Garage
Yes that seat would fit but WAY out of the price range right now But thanks you I will definitely keep the link for future and thank you

thanks
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
pst

Garage
Got the carb off last night Which one of you jerks has my 10mm socket I would like it if you return it nowThe slide was froze in the barrel had to work it back and forth wit lots of WD-40 to get it out But it is out everything looks ok I do not see signs where it has been worked on much The carb is in need of a good soak and cleaning but I have seen worse The tank looks good the petcock and bowl are clean just varnished up like the slide so there is a lot of soaking time and cleaning then we will see I will replace the gas line I have a bunch of new stuff around somewhere? I think it is fine to just blow out the overflow and vent lines The one thing that is bad is the choke cable is froze or something at the very top It is soaking now but that is an easy fix so that is where I am now A lot of folks have said I do not need to worry about tires yet But I am working under a shade tree and I do need this thing to be kind of mobile some and dragging it is way back in my younger years The tank has what looks like a screen the goes up into the tank where the petcock, is Is that for like a screen on the reserve side where you would be drawing off the bottom of the tank ?? I am not going to force it out I will just blow it out and leave it in So I think next get a work bench set up and clean the carb put it on and see if it will run Any other ideas please please let me know while I have worked on these things a lot it has been years so I know for a fact without a dought 100% for sure I will do a few bone head moves
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF3122.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	595.6 KB
ID:	138778   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3113.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	138780   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3115.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	138782   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3111.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	628.8 KB
ID:	138784  

thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda TRX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in