Honda TRX Discussions for the Honda TRX, 90, 250, 300, 400, 450, 700

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6543 times
Garage
I don't know if you can even buy the ex-long deep socket to use on the axle nuts , you make it by cutting a socket in half and welding a piece of pipe in the middle of the two pieces , I think it is 41 mm and the equivalent in US is 1 5/8 ----I also have a 41 mm hammer wrench , where you can smack it with a maul

Jeep is right , a B.F. pipe wrench will get the job done , but leaves some nasty marks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post

That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that they're all coming out of the same place.
Pivotworks and All Balls are both owned by the same company.
I didn't know they both come from the same factory , I do know that PivotWorks is made into the metal of the bearings , would guess they have to do that as they offer a warranty and have to identify them , they do feel better in your hand

I never got one whole season and cheap front wheel bearings on my 300s , since I started using Pivot Works , I have not had to change or apply for the warranty yet , mu red 300 has got to be pushing 3 years on a set , our riding season is a lot longer than most , you can ride 52 weekends a year , but I don't ride the same bike every weekend , like to spread the wear around LOL
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:21 PM

Liked: 3088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post

That said, I have a sneaking suspicion that they're all coming out of the same place.
Pivotworks and All Balls are both owned by the same company.
I didn't know they both come from the same factory , I do know that PivotWorks is made into the metal of the bearings , would guess they have to do that as they offer a warranty and have to identify them , they do feel better in your hand

I never got one whole season and cheap front wheel bearings on my 300s , since I started using Pivot Works , I have not had to change or apply for the warranty yet , mu red 300 has got to be pushing 3 years on a set , our riding season is a lot longer than most , you can ride 52 weekends a year , but I don't ride the same bike every weekend , like to spread the wear around LOL
I sent my first set of Pivotworks bearings in a few weeks ago. They were installed in 2014. They weren't terribly worn, but they were loose. The markings were worn off the bearings, but I knew which machine I'd installed them in, and it was also easy to verify since they don't have bearing seals like all the other aftermarkets.

Anyhow, I pulled them out, mailed them to Pivotworks, got a new set about 2-3 weeks afterwards. The return address on the package? All Balls Racing.

Anyhow, I have a set in the wife's 420, and I have a couple of 07-13 420 sets in the freezer, along with the replacement set of 500 Foreman bearings they sent me.

I ordered all of mine on Amazon so it's easy to pull up the receipt and print it off to send in when they need to be replaced.

They did last longer than anything else I've used except OEM.
machinecrook likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Jeep , if the embossment of PivotWorks is worn off the race , as that is usually where it is , then I would think the race is loose in the bore and spinning in the bore for that to happen ?????
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I was told by one of the Local dealers that Moose , All Balls and QuadBoss all come from the same place --------- I know from fishing , there is a lure called Salt Water Assassin , which works great for Speckled Trout and Redfish , the same lure is marketed by a different name in different parts of the country , Walleye Assassin and Bass Assassin are the same exact lures in a different bags
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Jeep , if the embossment of PivotWorks is worn off the race , as that is usually where it is , then I would think the race is loose in the bore and spinning in the bore for that to happen ?????
It's been so long since I put them in I don't remember exactly where they were stamped. They were pretty nasty. I didn't add grease to them when I put them in, and lots of mud and water riding.
fishfiles likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 276 times
Garage
@Jeepwm69 @fishfiles

Grease them? You remove the seal from the brake panel bearing and apply grease to it, then place the seal back in? Same thing with the diff bearings (even though they dont have a seal)?

I think I'll go with OEM... Shipping up to Quebec takes about a month; I can't afford to wait that long for the next time it breaks. Haven't checked how long it is to get them from Partszilla though lol.

Last time I had to remove those axle nuts, I had to heat the nuts for a couple minutes, use a pipe wrench with a longer tube on it (making it a B.F pipe wrench) and use my Dad's 2ft adjustable wrench on the other nut. We applied a huge amount of force and they came off. Crossing my fingers they'll come off easier this time.

Thanks again for the input!
fishfiles and _Wilson_ like this.

'95 TRX300FW
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 276 times
Garage
Parts purchased

Canadian funds... 30$ USD shipping. OEM better last me more than 4 years!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	partZilla.png
Views:	7
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	137204  
fishfiles likes this.

'95 TRX300FW
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinecrook View Post
Canadian funds... 30$ USD shipping. OEM better last me more than 4 years!!
Ouch!

When I said grease then, normally I pack good syn grease into wheel bearings before I install them, since the chinese yak fat doesn't even resemble grease, but since the Pivotworks wheel bearings have a lifetime warranty I didn't grease them, just left the factory stuff in there.

For diff bearings they're lubricated with gear oil so I wouldn't grease those. I would pack that bearing that goes in the brake backing plate.
machinecrook likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda TRX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode