Own a Pioneer? What's your impressions? - Page 4 - Honda ATV Forum
Honda Pioneer Discussions for the Honda Pioneer Side by Side (Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700, Pioneer 1000)

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:31 PM

Liked: 17 times
I have a 2017 1000 - 5 it is a very good machine does 65 mph on the street i had the top and windshield installed the day i got it,I live in south east Louisiana and it is hot down here, yes it has heat in cab but it does not bother me guess we use to it, the sxs runs great around here. we have rain almost every day in the summer and that makes mud really dont use 4x4 that often more fun to drive in 2wd it is a work and play kind of machine around here we have Horses and I also use it to pick up Grand kids from school this thing starts up and runs great lots of power fun to drive goes with me to the camp cant find anything bad to say about it and I have a smile on my face when i drive it and no one has said anything about the heat in the cab wish i got it before i got the 420 but i still use it also.
Jeepwm69 likes this.

2017 Honda TRX 420 FM1 Strong Made Bumper , Strong Made Receiver ,Goplus Front and rear Cargo Baskets .Winch. also got a 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 SXS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:57 PM
mjn

Liked: 3 times
I've had ATV's for decades. Still have my '02 Rancher with just short of 10K on the clock.

My first UTV was the Yamaha Viking. I didn't go Honda at that point, because the 700 without low range would have been useless to me.
The Viking was a great machine. I put right at 1000 miles on it. But by this time last year, the negative aspects of the machine finally got to me; Too noisy, not enough real power, locked rear dif (no turf) and poor suspension. In short, it was too far towards the "utilitarian" side, and not enough on the "sport" side. A great machine, but I wanted more.

I picked up my Pioneer 1000-3 LE last June, & love it. Yea, the passenger seat gets hot.. I put an 8" automotive fan under the seat, and that seems to do the trick. The LE comes with fox shocks that work very, very well. The motor makes more than enough power for any trial riding, and is QUIET.

I have just short of 700 miles on it now, and am very happy with my purchase. I believe I'll keep it around for awile. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3796.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	136302  
Jeepwm69 likes this.

'02 Rancher 2wd ES
'15 Yamaha Viking SE
'05 Hayabusa
'81 Seca 550
'69 Z50A

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode