Pioneer 1000 paddle shifting? - Honda ATV Forum
Honda Pioneer Discussions for the Honda Pioneer Side by Side (Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700, Pioneer 1000)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Larryw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 19 times
Pioneer 1000 paddle shifting?

I am very close to buying a new 1000 and I hadn't even thought about the paddle shifting option until the salesman mentioned it. I am not going to race or do any "hot rodding", and I just never thought about this option. Is there any chance that I'm making a mistake? I'll mostly use it on rather easy trails and for work around my 10 acres. The option is not cheap at all.

I was also considering buying the windscreen, back panel, etc. from another source, but I've been warned that frequently these parts don't fit well.

Comments on the paddle shift option and aftermarket parts would be appreciated. I am planning to have the dealer install the Warn winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:35 PM

Liked: 344 times
You don't need a paddle shifter.. You can still hold it in gear with the normal shifter.. Paddle shifter is more for speed junkies running around bouncing off of trees... Aftermarket stuff do some research and read the reviews of part..
misterclean59 likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:02 PM

Liked: 1973 times
I agree the paddle shifting is more about performance shifting, and there are MANY aftermarket company's that actually make BETTER than OEM parts
the problem might be finding the better made parts, as this 1,000 hasn't been out there that long and well, I don't know how BIG a market is out there for it in the aftermarket world yet
but almost any GOOD store today and brand, has a return policy if your NOT happy when buying new things?

so, if you get and fit is BAD< it should be able to be sent back??
a waste of time maybe, but if it saves you $$, might not be bad to try some things, read up first, and check out reviews of others on it before deciding maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:28 PM

Liked: 2018 times
Garage
I just spent all of 30 seconds on Honda.com so I might be missing something but "Paddle Shifters" isn't an option. You either have the Base, EPS, or LE models, with paddle shifters being part of the EPS and LE model packages. There is much much more to these individual trim levels than simply adding paddle shifters.

Maybe look at this chart and it will help you. IMO get the LE model, the upgrades it has over the other models are worth the money, and the resale down the road will be better.

https://powersports.honda.com/pionee...fications.aspx (Scroll to bottom of page and click compare models)

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:08 AM

Liked: 3074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac102004 View Post
I just spent all of 30 seconds on Honda.com so I might be missing something but "Paddle Shifters" isn't an option. You either have the Base, EPS, or LE models, with paddle shifters being part of the EPS and LE model packages. There is much much more to these individual trim levels than simply adding paddle shifters.

Maybe look at this chart and it will help you. IMO get the LE model, the upgrades it has over the other models are worth the money, and the resale down the road will be better.

https://powersports.honda.com/pionee...fications.aspx (Scroll to bottom of page and click compare models)
The I4wd sounds nice....if it works.

I think I'd rather have a selectable locker though.

So the base model only has auto mode? No manual shifting? Lame.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:22 AM

Liked: 2018 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac102004 View Post

The I4wd sounds nice....if it works.

I think I'd rather have a selectable locker though.

So the base model only has auto mode? No manual shifting? Lame.
Yeah idk what they are thinking with that, it has it's advantages I guess, and yes only auto shift on the base model.

2015 Honda Rubicant FM7
- 28" Mud Bugs
- Powermadd Handguards
- ODI Grips

2016 Can-am Renegade 1000R XMR
- 31x11" Outlaws
- NPP Dual Dominators
- Monster Power Tuner + Autotune
- ECM Reflash
- TheBOM Mag+ Cams
- TwinAir Air filter
- Delrin Motor Mounts
- Aluminum Valve Covers
- Gorilla Through Shaft
- TigerTail
- Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope
- Cecco Racing Steering Stem Brace
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 19 times
I should have been asking what model to buy I guess. I did end up with the paddle shift, EPS model, and I am glad that I did. While I don't find the paddle shift is a requirement, it does add to your control and enjoyment. I was surprised that even in the manual shift mode, the machine will automatically downshift as it sees fit. I assume this is to prevent lugging the engine which would be hard on the it.

My only complaint on the P1000 is the cab heat is terrible, and I made the mistake of buying a full windshield on the new machine. I'm now working to minimize this with various remedies found on the forum and the S X S forum.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode