Honda ATV Forum banner

Electrical Problem

10K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  gatodoc 
#1 ·
I'm all of a sudden having electrical problems with my 2017 Honda Pioneer. The battery seems to be low and when I put the charger on it, it still won't start and makes a buzzing noise from the engine compartment. The dash lights are also flickering. If anyone can give me a clue what may be causing this I would appreciate it. I probably don't have 200 miles on this unit.
I hate to take it into the dealer if it's something simple I can fix.
Thanks,
Tony

#3 ·
Does the quad sit out in freezing temps in the winter? Sounds like it froze the battery. When this happens, the lead plates can fracture and turn a 400 amp hour battery into a 100 amp hour batt. Best way to avoid it? Make sure the batt is fully charged all winter (float charger).

#4 ·
also check all your connections to make sure there clean and solid, and all fuses are good!

low battery will give a LOT of issue's and these new atv's/utv's/sxs's
all draw a lot of power even when parked, so if you don't keep them on a maintainer, battery life can be very short!
so I agree, have battery load tested to at least rule it out, and NOT just a voltage reading on a meter, but load tested!
auto parts store test for free!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.