I ordered my 2018 Pioneer 1000 EPS yesterday. Heater options? - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
Honda Pioneer Discussions for the Honda Pioneer Side by Side (Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700, Pioneer 1000)

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 19 times
I'll attempt to take some pictures next week after I get the trailer. I might as well take pictures of the whole rig before it gets dirty.

I am appreciative of all the input, and I'll look into a second battery with an isolator. I'll have to do a little research on the isolator to see where to buy and how to install. I'm sure is simple, but I'll look for some basic instructions which may be included with the isolator. Having an second battery can't be a bad idea - no pull cord like my Foreman. Besides, can you imagine what that battery would mean to someone stranded deep in the woods, far from a WalMart, with a bad battery? It would be nice to be able to bail someone out of a jam.
farmer002 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4249 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtape View Post
I'll attempt to take some pictures next week after I get the trailer. I might as well take pictures of the whole rig before it gets dirty.

I am appreciative of all the input, and I'll look into a second battery with an isolator. I'll have to do a little research on the isolator to see where to buy and how to install. I'm sure is simple, but I'll look for some basic instructions which may be included with the isolator. Having an second battery can't be a bad idea - no pull cord like my Foreman. Besides, can you imagine what that battery would mean to someone stranded deep in the woods, far from a WalMart, with a bad battery? It would be nice to be able to bail someone out of a jam.
have you considered a charging pack ?, if need be, you could very easily move it from one place to another to jump start some one. just a thought :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

It would be great to have some details on that ingenious solution for the heater - sounds like a product opportunity for someone.

I have the Honda Warn winch mount to answer another question, and I have become aware of the need for a second battery. I sure wish Honda would have put in a larger battery like suggested - duh.

I am just getting around to mounting a rear DNR plate on the back on the UTV, and Honda sure didn't allow for that either. I guess I'll make a bracket to fasten over the muffler guard using the guard screws and mount the plate there. With the dump bed, this is a bit of a challenge. A modest amount of thought by Honda would have made this a lot easier too. My decals ended up on my doors which isn't too bad, but again a little thought on Honda's part would have been appreciated. Maybe I expect too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Liked: 56 times
How's the machine going? Did you get the heater problem figured out?

I like girls! Even if it's politically incorrect these days.

Get your PIoneer tailgate to lay flat by ordering new cables here... Longer Tailgate Cables For Honda Pioneer 700 & 1000
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

I am the original guy who asked about what heater to consider, but "Jeeown69" was right about the P1000-3 having a hot cab. I've ridden quite a few trails this summer, and the heat in the cab is indeed a problem. I happened to have a full Honda glass windshield with no venting which makes it even warmer. I am no longer considering a heater, and I'll wait until winter before even think about a heater. I have a feeling that the cab will be fairly comfortable w/o a heater with the fabric doors that I'll have on it.

Frankly I am surprised Honda hasn't come up with a venting solution to relieve the heat issue. They did come out with a heat shield of sorts, but it's a economical attempt to resolve a problem that needs more than a fireproof "piece of cardboard." IMHO The shield is standard on the 2018, and I think it's a free "fix" for older P1000's. The seat and your legs get uncomfortably hot as the machine is now even with the "heat shield." We stuff towels around the seats in an attempt to stop some of the heat from getting into the cab. It is not a minor problem. Hopefully in cold weather the problem may be a bit of an asset, but most of our riding is in the summer.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 11:06 AM

Liked: 129 times
A friends dad bought a P1000 last year, not really sure if its a 16 or 17 though. My friend and i were riding it and i noticed that the heat in the cab was terrible. My buddy mentioned that Honda had a cover or something that is supposed to block the heat. When they brough it in for the post break in service the cover was installed. Ive only rode in it once for a short time since the cover was installed and to me i think it helped alot, quieted the cab down some too. Dont get me wrong you still feel heat but not nearly as much as you did before.

Ive never really looked into it but could there be a aftermarket company that makes a heat shield or something?

You could maybe even try putting some of this on the cover.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Tec-13...PSVQE0TGHYQRKT

Wayne

2012 Rancher 420: 25" Maxxis Zillas - Polished 12" ITP Wheels - Custom Retrofitted 5000K HID Projector Headlights With Amber LED Parking Lights - Dual 9Ē Single Row LED Light Bars - KFI Winch Mount - Badlands 2500lb Winch With Disconnect, 6000lb Synthetic Rope & Aluminum Fairlead - Dry Box Mounted On Fender - Custom Stainless Steel Front Basket Rack - Ceramic Coated
Next Mod: Front & Rear Basket Racks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode