I ordered my 2018 Pioneer 1000 EPS yesterday. Heater options? - Page 2 - Honda ATV Forum
Honda Pioneer Discussions for the Honda Pioneer Side by Side (Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700, Pioneer 1000)

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 09:07 AM

Liked: 3067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZ_Duramax View Post
I saw pics of a guy that had a couple 6" fans cut into the kick plate under the seat. They were reversible so in the summer he pulled cool air from cab into engine compartment and in the winter he reversed them and blows heated air into the cab. Said it worked extremely well.

I remember hearing about that. Have a link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZ_Duramax View Post
I saw pics of a guy that had a couple 6" fans cut into the kick plate under the seat. They were reversible so in the summer he pulled cool air from cab into engine compartment and in the winter he reversed them and blows heated air into the cab. Said it worked extremely well.

I remember hearing about that. Have a link?
I cant find it now, I believe it was buried inside another thread on the hondasxs forum.

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe White
30" Outback Max on 14" C-Series Beadlocks
Superatv Forward Arms

2008 Honda Rancher 420 4x4
Money Pit......soon to be greatness

1998 Honda Trx300 4x4
317 motor, 54% Gear Reduction, EBC Clutches, Big Red Rear End, 2.75" Stretch, 350D Clutch Cover, Oil Cooler, Foreman 450 Clutch, Disc Brake Kit, 29.5 OG Laws

1985 Honda Big Red 250 ATC
18% Reduction, 28" EDL

Sold
19 - Honda Trx300 4x4
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 19 times
I've finally taken delivery of my Pioneer 1000, and I've learned a few things already.

1. The fabric doors are fine, but there is a label that says they should be removed for towing. That's a pain, and I'll try to make
a work around solution.

2. The Pioneer 1000 doesn't fit in a 7' wide enclosed trailer even by ordering a custom road-side door (tried many different makes). I ended up with an aluminum, 7' X 12', open trailer with an hydraulic assist and a 2' gravel guard. This is a snap to load/unload, no ramps, and it is a better weight for my mid sized SUV to pull. They even suggested mud flaps on my vehicle - ugg.

It is a very peppy machine, and it handles well. I don't have much time at all running it yet. It does have a few complications that require familiarity with the owner's manual for sure. For example the seat belt much be fastened or it bucks like a wild horse with a hot poker up it's butt. The transmission warrants some reading of the manual too.

I've been reading the other posts with interest. What is a battery isolator, and what does one cost? I see the place they have provided for a second battery. My Warn 4,000 lb. winch is a Honda installed winch (I actually got them down a little on the price, but I'm sure they did alright even with the discount). The winch will not be used much I hope - just rescue. The fans at the base of the seat seems like a great idea if it can be done such that it doesn't look cobbled together. I will address the heat issue after I've had a little experience with the cab temps, and I sure appreciate all the comments and ideas.

I purchased a hard top, glass windscreen, hard rear cab, and the fabric doors. It is a big machine for sure, but I think it will be a joy on the trails. The paddle shift operates very easily, and I think it may add to the pleasure and functionality of the ride. You can even downshift when the trans is in automatic mode and the UTV is moving. Nice if you're coming to a steep hill.

BTW, the manual says that the cigarette lighter is not to be used as a plug for any type of heater

I'll post more after I've had the opportunity to run it through its paces. Meanwhile I'll continue to plow my Wisconsin snow with my 1996 Honda Foreman 400. LOL
Goober and farmer002 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 02:13 PM

Liked: 594 times
Fabric door removal for towing?? Can't help but think that was written by a lawyer from another planet. I'd ignore that...

Congrats on the new machine. Sounds like you have a reasonable towing setup too.

2004 TRX400FA (Rancher 400AT)
MotionPro twist throttle kit
12" handlebar mounted light bar
rear rack wheelchair carrier
Cycle Country 48" plow w/ KFI hybrid mount
Champion 3000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
23" Titan 489's all around (saving clutch)

2011 Grizzly 450 EPS

Others in the family: '04 TRX250TE, '85 TRX250 Utility (X2), '05 TRX90, '06 TRX500FA, '95 TRX400FW,' 88 TRX125

Last edited by wheelsquad; 11-22-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Typo
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1964 times
So far so good, glad your pleased with your new purchase. Don’t forget those all important pictures:-)
The cigarette lighter socket would melt down with a heater plugged into it, heaters draw a lot of Amps. You’d be better off making a little wiring harness, fused with a relay. You could run most small aftermarket heaters that way.
We have a JCB UTV at work and that get quite hot inside, I could only ever imagine that a heater would be necessary to demist the windscreen.

98 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Custom built mud bike - Now sold.

2004 Foreman 450S

Fully overhauled (nut & bolt rebuild), 2” lift kit, 28” mega mayhems, ITP delta rims, ES floorboards, 22” LED lightbar, Pyle Bluetooth sound system.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1309 times
Essex mfg sells underseat fan kits primarily for Kawasaki and Kubota. I talked to Dan about them today. I want to get one for my 06 Mule 3010 LATTV; they built my rig special like one of 500 and have cab heater kits that plumb into the radiator.
Essex Manufacturing, Inc.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda

Last edited by Goober; 11-22-2017 at 10:49 PM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4215 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsquad View Post
Fabric door removal for towing?? Can't help but think that was written by a lawyer from another planet. I'd ignore that...

Congrats on the new machine. Sounds like you have a reasonable towing setup too.
guess they figured owners will haul them on open trailers ?, if this is the case ?, then freeway winds will rip them apart would be my guess :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 06:40 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 259 times
how bout a picture of this thing... I know there everywhere online, but I wanna see this one...

1984 Honda ATC BigRed 200ES
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 07:58 AM

Liked: 594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsquad View Post

guess they figured owners will haul them on open trailers ?, if this is the case ?, then freeway winds will rip them apart would be my guess :-).
Oh shoot, I was stupid and was thinking it in regards of using the pioneer for towing things. Wasn't thinking about it from the point of "hauling" the pioneer. Oops.
redtherocket likes this.

2004 TRX400FA (Rancher 400AT)
MotionPro twist throttle kit
12" handlebar mounted light bar
rear rack wheelchair carrier
Cycle Country 48" plow w/ KFI hybrid mount
Champion 3000 lb winch w/ synthetic rope
23" Titan 489's all around (saving clutch)

2011 Grizzly 450 EPS

Others in the family: '04 TRX250TE, '85 TRX250 Utility (X2), '05 TRX90, '06 TRX500FA, '95 TRX400FW,' 88 TRX125
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1309 times
BTW an isolator is basically a harness with diodes to network charges to and from the batteries “isolating” them from one another. Gotta have it won’t charge both batteries without it

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode