What ToyHauler can a Honda Pioneer 1000 be loaded in. - Honda ATV Forum
Honda Pioneer Discussions for the Honda Pioneer Side by Side (Pioneer 500, Pioneer 700, Pioneer 1000)

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

What ToyHauler can a Honda Pioneer 1000 be loaded in.

I have been looking at purchasing a new Honda Pioneer 1000 but need to find a ToyHauler that it will fit in.
I am wondering if any one in the forum has any suggestions.

The Honda Site says the dimensions are:
Length 116.8 inches
Width 63.0 inches
Height 76.0 inches

I have been looking at Toyhaulers on line but most of them don't provide the height of the Garage opening.

Any Suggestions would be Great. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 12:45 PM

Liked: 1980 times
your going to want at least a 7 ft cieling, 8.5 wides are maybe the better option too here
then you have more room to walk squeeze past on the sides
I would think a MIN of 19+ ft long, but longer the hauler, the more space you will have for other things

you looking for a bumper/class 5-7 hitch pull, or looking for a 5 th wheel??
have always had good luck with Haulmark trailers,(currently have a Worthington all aluminum, but for sleds not utv's, not tall enough what I have, its only 6 ft tall!)
but these days, so many good one's out there, just stick to an all aluminum if you can, way less to worry about over time! Triton's are like cream of the drop, and prices reflect so too! but a ton of options out there to be honest

have a look at this for a simple idea, a 1000 poineer shouldn't be any bigger than a 4 seater RZR

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 08:08 AM

Liked: 19 times
I'm also pricing out a Pioneer 1000, and have the trailer question to contend with. I went to our local trailer shop and told them I wanted an enclosed trailer to store and haul my UTV. They were very accommodating and helpful. They wrote up a bid for a 6' wide trailer with a the normal ramp door in the rear, but they would add a side door to accommodate getting in and out of the UTV. They also added either 6" or 12" to the height. The trailer was single axle, and my out the door price was right at $5,000.

They said that they would recommend not going with a 7' wide because of the additional wind resistance.

I haven't placed an order yet, but I plan to soon. They don't make the trailer at their shop and it will take about 6 weeks to get after they order it from their supplier. They want me to bring the UTV in before they order to measure exactly where to put the side door.

They could also add a small access near the front left side if I desired so it would be easy to tied down, but the trailer guy thought tying down at three points would be enough. I plan to have them add the little access door for my own peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
misterclean59 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1230 times
Garage
We have a 2016 cherokee grey wolf limited and we can get my brother 2013 rzr 800s and 2 quads in it. Or 4 quads with one rolled half way up on the front bed. We had to add alittle support for that part. But we have taken it on 6 day trips of 3hours one way and back with no problems. The layout is what you want to really look at. Ours has nothing along the whole one side but garage space. Sadly they got rid of our layout in 2017 model and it has way less usable space. But your pioneer 1000 will fit easy even in the 2017 just not 4 quads or a rzr and 2 quads anymore.

07 416ex
To many mods to list in signature(ran out of space lol)

Check out garage for full list
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Here it is all loaded up for 4 quads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_142245.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	80761  
_Wilson_ likes this.

07 416ex

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 08:59 AM

Liked: 1980 times
I personally would want a wider trailer than 6 ft, just to make getting in and out of the UTV easier when its parked inside, all the more so if you add better doors to them!

enclosed trailers are like garages, there never big enough LOL
so better to have extra room, than just enough IMO
Goober likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 1317 times
^^^roger that the advantages of the 84"W beats out the extra surface area vs drag. My camper is 108 inch W
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 10:58 AM

Liked: 19 times
SlammedRanger - Your picture looks more like a condo with a few ATV's spread around. Wow! I'm impressed. It sure looks professional and CLEAN, makes me jealous for sure.
SlammedRanger likes this.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtape View Post
SlammedRanger - Your picture looks more like a condo with a few ATV's spread around. Wow! I'm impressed. It sure looks professional and CLEAN, makes me jealous for sure.

Thanks man! I appreciate it! I have done 3 things all my life. Load trailers, camp, and ride quads. What better way to bring all three togeather in one. And having your own bathroom at alot of the riding places is just a bonus. That and a place to cook food and eat. Its a pretty sweet setup for sure! I am blessed to have it and spent about every last penny i had on it lol
_Wilson_ likes this.

07 416ex

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 07:12 PM

Liked: 1697 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtape View Post
^^^^^ and I'd like to see more pics of it!

1986 fourtrax trx350, 97 300 fwd.
Fully customizing a 1999 fourtrax 300 fwd.
<<<< Garages.
Oct 15th, Dale Earnhardt jr. Day

Wilson™ aka Termite

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda Pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in