Honda ATV Forum banner

Blue 300 4x4 Project

89K views 945 replies 25 participants last post by  fishfiles 
#1 ·
New arrival to the herd , 1992 TRX300FW Blue , 317 kit sleeve and piston , 350 carb Rick's CDI , 54% gear reduction , 27 " Swamp Lites , SS rims , 250 rear end , hub paddles , it is a little rough , but it has a lot of stuff in it , I think I can work with it , got it for $1,500 , pick it up Thursday or Friday ---- oh and it comes with an extra blue gas tank and two more engine side covers freshly powered coated white

First thing on my list to do is a Open Country 4x2 Kick Out Kit and modified the front drive shaft as this is a 1st generation

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a hard enough time with one!!!!!!!!! lol. Congrats

Reactions: fishfiles
#6 ·
Good job Fish, you had a good buy there IMO ;-)

Reactions: fishfiles
#7 ·
A couple more pics , this is by far the most I ever paid for a atv , usually I deal with basket cases , but it is also the first one out of many that was ridable when I got it , and I plan on riding it this weekend ---------- somethings I didn't mention that it has in it , the Weber cam , valve work , the jug has been sleeved with a 350 Rancher sleeve and piston , and it is running a 350 carb re-jetted , it has 3 led lights , the box on the front rack is a MP3 player and it is loud and clear ----on the down side is all the brakes are deleted and the rear has to stay deleted to run the paddles , will see how that works out, they may be taken off got some prices and I can get the Highlifter front disc kit for $329 and the Open Country kick out for $300 both with free shipping and I have a X3 Superwinch sitting around , just need a plate and solenoid , the seat looks great and the blue triangle side kick starter cover is with it just not on in the pic

I think I can sell the extra blue tank , $100 for the tank and $50 for the blue stock paint , hehe , the power coated side covers look great , but I am not really a fan , think it would hold the heat ,I doubt I would put them on , so if I can get $100 for them , then the bike would have cost $1,250 , figure I need about $800 to make it right , front disc , kick out , 24 inch led light bar for the front and move the 6 inch to the rear , winch plate , drink holder hehe , so for $2,050 and some love and I think it will be a bad mudder -----

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I hope it's the machine it appears to be Fish, it does sound like a good mudder for sure.

Reactions: _Wilson_
#11 ·
No problem, the blue 300's are nice, plus, that one was worth every penny with all the mods, bits and pieces

#13 ·
Thanks, side covers I mean the right cover over the clutches and the left cover over the flywheel , the 4x2 I can get from my buddy who is a dealer and giving it to me $69 off and he gets free shipping , he also can do $320 on the HighLifter front disc kit , I can get a SuperATV kit for $200 and have 6 of them now with no problems , but I am leaning towards trying the HighLifter kit this time , the highlifter is $369 list , but I am a little confussed right now , he told me he could get the 1992 disc kit , but when I searched for the Highlifter kit I found 93-2000 , I have never done the conversion on a 1st gen 4x4 before , I know when I tried to do the 1st gen 2wd 300's the pattern for the spindle to caliper bracket was different and needed new plates to be made , so I don't know what is going to happen with this92 4x4 yet --I am about to head over there now

#19 ·
I'm jealous! I want one! Haha

#26 ·
Are you putting a 4x4 to 4x2 kick out ? Or did this 300 come with one ? I'd paint those stick stoppers white to! Should look real good!

#27 ·
jay , no 4x2 kick out on it now , I want one for sure and it is on top my major mods list , problem is this is a 1st gen 300 , modifications need to be done as the front drive shaft on the 1st gen is a different length than the later years , so it is not just plug and play , there is a guy locally that will build the set up for you using a new 4x2 and do the mod for $550 , I think I can get it all done for $300 by buying a 4x2 for $300 and having my buddies at the machine shop do the TIG welding , but we are on a big time budget after the purchase of the new blue one ----

#28 ·
Oh okay, if you can get in done for 300 i think that's a good price IMO , and i agree, i wouldn't give my kick out up for almost anything, lol, I'll say this I'm enjoying your project, and I'm glad Sam pushed you, lol

Reactions: SamUK
#31 ·
Jeep , I ain't gonna lie , I don't know the name of the 4x2 builder , I got the price thru my buddy who has an ATV shop about 3 miles from me and he told me that was cost and he wasn't kicking it up any , he knows every body across the country into 4 wheelers and is heavy into extreme mods and racing , this weekend he is hosting dirt racing at The Park formerly called Muddy Joe's in Kiln , Miss --- he is a cool dude , karma is a funny thing , a long time ago I didn't know who he was , I had an add on Craig's List and him and wife came over to buy some parts and he seen I was into too , we talked for an hour and they were really cool people , I gave him a price before he came and when he got here I gave him the entire front end for the price we set for one spindle and hub , when the table turned and I found out who he was , when I needed something from him , he has given me great deals over the years , the Magenta 300 Project that I built for my wife was going to be his wife's bike , he is building my 450 engine for me right now , gave me what I think is a great deal , all OEM parts , new crank , bearings , piston , rings , bore , all seals in the case , new clutch frictions and put in the 300 clutch basket to make it 14% reduction , with labor for $1,150 , traded him a set of gauges and a torch and it is $1,000 even , it was $700 just in parts and the local machine shop , it would have taken me a month to do it ---- I can hook you up with him if you want !

#33 ·
Pm me his name please.

Sounds like yall have a good working relationship, and those take time to build. I don't know him so wouldn't expect him to give me the same treatment he gives you, and that's as it should be.

That said, I've been dealing here and there with a few guys down your way, so chances are I may have already dealt with him. I'm curious as to know who he is though, so if you don't mind PM me his info.

#32 ·
This weekend 8/25/2017 -- 8/27/2017 is going to be the first weekend of dirt drags at The Park ( formerly called Muddy Joe's ) in Kiln , Mississippi , they have a brand new track , 300 ft and 500 ft shut down , they is going to be mud bogs , bands , food catering , and it goes on all weekend the have camping , should be a lot of fun , they done a lot of improvements to the place

#34 ·
I was born in the wrong country!!

One day, one day I'll get to one of these events over the pond.

#35 ·
Sam , you should see the bikes that are going to be there for the dirt races , I am not going this weekend , but I have seen a few already as I know a few of the dirt racers that are going , they have Banshees , 250R's and 150 hp out board motor engines modified to fit into the ATV , blown out , stretched out , some running nitrous , wheelie bars , I hear there is going to be a Can-Am that can break 100mph in the 300 ft run , I don't know about that ---- kind of ironic the band playing tonight is ready good and called Category 6 kinda like the Catogory 3 to 4 that is going ashore in Texas right now , 125mph winds is a high 3 , 131mph makes it a Cat4 ----------- I'll try to get some pics from my boy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.