Honda FourTrax Discussions for the FourTrax Rincon, Foreman, Rancher, Recon

613Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #881 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6777 times
Garage
While I got Sock-Ra-Blue torn down , I really have wanted the 4x2 kickout for it , so might as well try to pull that off , this is a first gen bike and has a bit longer wheel base than 2nd gens so the 2nd gen 4x2 has to be made a bit longer as the 1st gen4x2 is no longer available new and pretty hard to find used , it can be made by a builder , I think I remember 1st gen is 2 1/2 inches longer , the only 1st gen front drive shaft I have is in the bike , I need to have both second gen and 1st gen shafts side by side so I can get a measurement ( unless someone knows it ) , I am going to get a 2nd gen 4x2 and try to modify it myself

I am playing around with the idea of taking a drive shaft and cutting yokes off both ends and making an adaptor to put on the end of the 4x2 and not disassembling the 4x2 and cutting and extending the shaft like it is done
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #882 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Wilson_ View Post
You Made off like a bandit... Lol ... I wager those waders ... $45+- new, i yard sell-ed on these for a tad more, $15 (no leeks) i used these in that cave venture aka (Killer Spider)

$45 you think , I never priced them at the store ---I have a set of neoprene and they cost $149 , the wife got me a new set for Christmas and she found them on sale at Academy for $99 ---I can still kick myself in the butt for not going to Academy and buying that other set of 10s on clearance for $99 which the wife told me about
post #883 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:44 AM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
Well... Ya , now that i. Think about it, probobly much more than $45 .... I'd say your closer to the correct price then i was... One thing i don't like ... Is riding with on, makes shifting/foot braking very interesting ....going frog gigging...... I reckon I'm a tad lazy when it comes to taking a pare of regular shoes with me, and changing out just before i hit the pond .
fishfiles likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #884 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Previous owner had led flush mount pods and rag'gittyly mounted , the front grill was destroyed , thinking of tightening it all up with a plate of aluminum all the way across the light opening with the flush pods in it , then the grill ( painted black ) over the lights
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8896.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	137528   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8897.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	137530  
retro likes this.
post #885 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
The 8 inch led bar was burned out , got a 20 and mounted it in place of the 8 ----should really take it all apart and paint the rack
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9c8.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	137588   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9c6.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	137590  
post #886 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Yesterday a friend was selling his Yamaha 400 , he had some 27" SwampLites on stock Yammy rims , the tires have some thread left , he was selling it to a guy that din't really want to pay anything more for the tires and rims , so I traded him even for a set of stock 25 Honda rims and tires that were crap , sweet for me , might go on a 300 2wd
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9c7.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	137592  
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #887 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
I had a bad hang over today , best cure : Hair of the Dog .... Didn't get too much done today , drowned some moles , ate a lot ....... that mole needs a snorkel
post #888 of 907 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 03:15 PM

Liked: 1803 times
Garage
Quote:
Hair of the Dog
Got that right! ^^

I didn't down enough to get sick, just enough to over sweat all day!

We about walked the same path, i mowed (sweated) ran the big brush cutter for a couple hours! (sweated some more) after a cold shower and a cold one i feel better!!
fishfiles and retro like this.
post #889 of 907 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Got a few things done on the Blue 300 re-rebuild , got the Rick's CDI in , it didn't fix the temp light not coming on when the ignition turned on , the bulb is new and tested good , the sub harness ( which Jeep sent me ) tested good ------- dug up an aluminum muffler that was on one of the 450 parts bikes , a little bit of welding and it can work , have no idea who made it , all I see is the US Forestry Spark Arrestor writing embossed into it , anyone recognize the muffler , used the 88 header pipe , with the big U in it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9c9.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	137746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8936.JPG
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	137748   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8938.JPG
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	137750  
Jeepwm69, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #890 of 907 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
With the storm in the Gulf and 8 inches of rain yesterday , I was only able to work 4 hours yesterday , so spent some time on the 300 , got the muffler rigged up to be welded and decided to crank it up and hear how it sounded before welding it , when I cranked up it had a fit , fit , fit sound coming from the engine , sounded like a spitting sound , checked the timing and did a compression test , adjusted the valves again and the sound was still there , took the head off and poured gas into the intake and then exhaust and found that one of the valves was not holding the gas , took the valves out and one had a slight bend to it and then it broke in my hand while rolling the stem on a flat table , good thing it didn't drop it into the engine when it was running , would have to guess that when the timing chain went out it hit the Wiseco piston as there is one tiny mark on top the piston

dug up a used 250 Fourtrax head and took the valves out of it , cleaned it all up and lapped the valves and installed new stem seals , it holds the gas test , got the head back on and torqued down and I ran out of gas

I was told that the ATC250ES head has one bigger valve than the 300 , I know from measuring yesterday that the 250 Fourtrax is the same

Jeep might like this Jeep , did a job for a guy by the camps on Lake Catherine and he had this Jeep for sale on the highway , says it has $20K worth of extras on it , it is a 2015 and he want $30K for it -----so he also has 2 Razors for sale that are tricked out to the max , I asked a "Any 4 wheelers " and he says I have one in the garage at home that was my kids and hasn't run in 5 years , my ears went up , I have been knowing him a while and he says you can have it as I want to clean out the garage , so I was all into it till I found that it is a 2006 350 ES , thought about flipping it , but had told myself if it is not a 450 ,300, 250ES or Fourtrax or 350D , I am not fooling with it ,if it wasn't an ES I might have jumped , so I called a friend who happens to know the guy and let him have the lead , he told me he called him and is suppose to go get it and might be riding it with me
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9cc.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	138064   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8987.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	138066  
machinecrook, _Wilson_ and retro like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda FourTrax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode