Blue 300 4x4 Project - Page 88 - Honda ATV Forum
Honda FourTrax Discussions for the FourTrax Rincon, Foreman, Rancher, Recon

562Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #871 of 875 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Liked: 436 times
ive had good luck with those winches as well. I think im creeping up to 10+ LT3000's installed with zero issues.

they aren't mud boggers but most are used severely during winter months, I give em the nod.

Price sure has jumped on them! when I was buying them years ago they were only $99!

I read back on the post mention looking for a first gen exhaust - unfortunately I don't have any good ones at the moment. I will text ya if I come up with one in the near future.
fishfiles and _Wilson_ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 875 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6514 times
Garage
Manny , Thanks for keeping an eye out for a muffler --------- I think I might go with a Caltric 1988 300 for my 92 for $190 , I have a 1988 on it now , I think there might be a little more performance from the 88 , it was the only year with the big U right out the exhaust port ..... or maybe a slip on performance muffler

Good to hear you like SuperWinch , this is my first LT3000 , I have some SuperWinch X3s
post #873 of 875 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
this is a pic of the breaker supplied by SuperWinch and the one I am going to use
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_9b5.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	683.8 KB
ID:	137176  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #874 of 875 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:09 AM

Liked: 3068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
this is a pic of the breaker supplied by SuperWinch and the one I am going to use
Yeah that's the only thing I didn't like about the LT3000's. Dang short cables and that breaker that ends up not fitting anywhere very well where there isn't a risk of rubbing/grounding out on the frame.

I didn't use those breakers. I just got some 5 or 6 gauge cable and went straight from winch to contactor.
fishfiles likes this.
post #875 of 875 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Yeah that's the only thing I didn't like about the LT3000's. Dang short cables and that breaker that ends up not fitting anywhere very well where there isn't a risk of rubbing/grounding out on the frame.

I didn't use those breakers. I just got some 5 or 6 gauge cable and went straight from winch to contactor.
That is a crazy breaker set up SuperWinch uses , double 50 amps but the way they are hooked up it is still 50 amps , if one would burn up , it would stick get voltage on one 50

Not the best pic up there , next to the SuperWinch gizmo is a marine circuit breaker that I use on my boat for the double cat head winch powered by an air craft starter , it will trip and flip , just click it back and you are going ----I kind of want to put the breaker in the front next to the winch , but if the wire were to short out between the battery and winch with them big cables it could be a melt down LOL
Jeepwm69 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda FourTrax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode