Honda FourTrax Discussions for the FourTrax Rincon, Foreman, Rancher, Recon

514Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #821 of 838 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6327 times
Garage
Partzilla and Parts Giant both did me good on shipping this time , both packages arrived , that's fast ----Now I just need to wait till Thanksgiving for Jeep's package to arrive LOL ------ I should go out to the shed and put Sock'Ra'Blue back together and ride it tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #822 of 838 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4214 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Partzilla and Parts Giant both did me good on shipping this time , both packages arrived , that's fast ----Now I just need to wait till Thanksgiving for Jeep's package to arrive LOL ------ I should go out to the shed and put Sock'Ra'Blue back together and ride it tomorrow
yep, thanksgiving at the soonest !..lol. I still have not got those seals he sent to me !!..lol.
fishfiles likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #823 of 838 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
yep, thanksgiving at the soonest !..lol. I still have not got those seals he sent to me !!..lol.

I was reading your bad luck with more than one part orders -------- I was shocked when both packages arrived yesterday , I ordered like Monday or Tuesday , Partzilla was free shipping over $150 , bought a couple of extra filters and spark plugs to make it , but I did pay an extra $1.95 to Partzilla for expedited delivery , what ever good that does or done --- both of those packages came by the United States Postal Service , sometimes I think they do better than UPS and FedEx

It is 4:30 in the morning and I was going to go do some work on the project but it is raining pretty hard , so I guess I am going to read about others doing work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #824 of 838 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4214 times
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:

I was reading your bad luck with more than one part orders -------- I was shocked when both packages arrived yesterday , I ordered like Monday or Tuesday , Partzilla was free shipping over $150 , bought a couple of extra filters and spark plugs to make it , but I did pay an extra $1.95 to Partzilla for expedited delivery , what ever good that does or done --- both of those packages came by the United States Postal Service , sometimes I think they do better than UPS and FedEx

It is 4:30 in the morning and I was going to go do some work on the project but it is raining pretty hard , so I guess I am going to read about others doing work
sitting here waiting on jeep to show up, get his trx300fw loaded, and watch him ride off into the sun...lol. no rain here, and a tad cold, 36 !..brrrr !!...lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #825 of 838 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Cool , you and Jeep meeting up , 36 not cool, that's cold , 48 and raining here right now , I don't want to go outside and do nothing ----------- got friends coming over today to boil some craw'fish and ride 4 wheelers and I am having my doubts about me personally riding , but after a belly full of food and beer I might be easily persuaded

I can't wait to get this Blue 300 back up and running , it is my favorite bike to ride , more than the 450SS
retro likes this.
post #826 of 838 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Thank you Jeep , the wiring harness arrived today , that was pretty quick and it is in excellent condition , the rubber boots on the ends of the three wires are all better than I expected

So now I have everything I need to put this timing chain job back together , just got to get it done by the weekend
Jeepwm69 and retro like this.
post #827 of 838 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Finally done some work on the 300 this evening , took the head off to get the chain out and replace the chain guide ( that is held in by the head ) ------------- put some new valve stem seals while the head was off , torqued the head back down ----------- new DID 250 Big Red timing chain and gear , you can see in the pics , the 250 chain has 7 bars across and the 300 has 5 , the sprocket is also much thicker , hard to see that in the pic ---------- one pic is not that clear but you can see the wear marks on the teeth of the 300 sprocket ( low hours ) -------------- with the 250 chain , you have to put the chain over the bottom sprocket first and at a angle to get it over a lip in the case , it just barely fits ( last pic ) ----lot more to do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_998.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	135034   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8406.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	135036   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8407.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	135038   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8409.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	135040  
Jeepwm69, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #828 of 838 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Have not got anything done on this 300 timing chain job , want to start using the Takeuchi so I have been finishing it up , just needs some black paint on the under carriage and wire the roof lights --- for the right price it could be yours
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8454.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	135278   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8457.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	135280  
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #829 of 838 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Should have been working on the blue 300 , but was having fun like a kid in a mud pile playing dump truck ----- working on driveway improvements , got a load of milled asphalt off the Interstate
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8478.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	4.36 MB
ID:	135338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8481.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	135340  
_Wilson_ and retro like this.
post #830 of 838 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Garage
Took apart a TRX250 Fourtrax engine going for the adjustment studs of the rocker arms as the ones in the 300 had wear on them and the cam out of it is much cleaner than the one in the 300 , so using it , installed that cam , NOS 250 sprocket with a new DID chain , new rubber cam cap , new chain guides , got the rocker box cover on , and was about to adjust the valves and a friend stopped by , started cleaning the side cover gasket and he said " got a beer " , had a 2 gallon zip lock of boiled crayfish left from the weekend and tomorrow was garbage night , so 6 beers later I was covering up the 300 ----bad influences , I seldom drink beer during the week
Jeepwm69 and retro like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda FourTrax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode