Honda FourTrax Discussions for the FourTrax Rincon, Foreman, Rancher, Recon

615Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #801 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 4281 times
Garage
5 sec's found this ---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Hon...QAAOSw8KRcXNHb .
fishfiles likes this.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #802 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
also when I did a search on ebay with that part number, there was a few used parts that showed up :-).

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
post #803 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 08:42 AM

Liked: 3254 times
I have a harness Fish. PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail.

As far as the cam's are concerned, the stock cams had bigger holes in the ends than the BR cams. There's an extra "nub" on the BR cam too.

See the difference at about the 8 minute mark here on @mac102004's youtube video.

Mac sounds a little bit like Tommy Chong to me.
fishfiles, _Wilson_ and retro like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #804 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post

As far as the cam's are concerned, the stock cams had bigger holes in the ends than the BR cams. There's an extra "nub" on the BR cam too.

See the difference at about the 8 minute mark here on @mac102004's youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z062bSvcdw

Mac sounds a little bit like Tommy Chong to me.
mac does sound like tommy chong !...lol.
fishfiles and _Wilson_ like this.

post #805 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6797 times
Garage
Quote:

See the difference at about the 8 minute mark here on

I knew about the extra nub , I thought that is only on the ATC250ES cam and not on the TRX250A Fourtrax , didn't know about the big hole in the end of a stock 300 cam, never paid attention to that before , that is good thing to know --- I know it is harder to get the cam with the nub in place than the ones with out it , I will be checking my cam and see what it has in it , from what Mac said he thinks 91 was the last year of the hot cam , my 300 has been rebuilt by Charlie for the previous owner , most likely more than once , and I redid it once , there is no telling what it has in it ---- I am going to look right now

Mac , does sound a bit like Tommy Chong , LOL Nice video !

I seen the NOS wiring harness Shade linked and it looked good till I seen the price , $50 stopped me from pulling the trigger on that one , there was a used one for like $13 and shipping and I could see the plastic coating on the wire was all cracked off and wire exposed ----- I am changing all the seals and o-rings on the cover as I was leaking down there from one of the sensors and the oil and age did a number on the plugs
post #806 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 05:34 AM

Liked: 1805 times
Garage
So, its defiantly the atc250es.

(Question) >> trx250, or a pre 91 300 cam.

And ^^ do these go on that list to ?

We need a list of the oem honda hot cams.

From your other post fish, your welcome!
post #807 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:36 AM

Liked: 3254 times
250 Fourtrax and 250 Big Red were the same cam.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ho...9680a7a6d51472
_Wilson_ likes this.
post #808 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiles View Post
Quote:

See the difference at about the 8 minute mark here on

I knew about the extra nub , I thought that is only on the ATC250ES cam and not on the TRX250A Fourtrax , didn't know about the big hole in the end of a stock 300 cam, never paid attention to that before , that is good thing to know --- I know it is harder to get the cam with the nub in place than the ones with out it , I will be checking my cam and see what it has in it , from what Mac said he thinks 91 was the last year of the hot cam , my 300 has been rebuilt by Charlie for the previous owner , most likely more than once , and I redid it once , there is no telling what it has in it ---- I am going to look right now

Mac , does sound a bit like Tommy Chong , LOL Nice video !

I seen the NOS wiring harness Shade linked and it looked good till I seen the price , $50 stopped me from pulling the trigger on that one , there was a used one for like $13 and shipping and I could see the plastic coating on the wire was all cracked off and wire exposed ----- I am changing all the seals and o-rings on the cover as I was leaking down there from one of the sensors and the oil and age did a number on the plugs
when your dealing with a part ( NOS at that ), you can't complain of price seeing how its no longer being sold ?!. the real question you have to ask yourself is HOW BAD YOU WANT THAT PART ?!?..LOL

post #809 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Garage
fish, only seal on right hand side is the reverse lever seal, the switches use a copper washer to seal oil in. unless your changing cam chain, or any other parts inside the right hand side ?, there is no reason to pull right side cover. you can ( if your careful that is ! ) pry the oil seal off up, around the reverse lever without pulling right side cover. and if your just replacing the sealing washers on the switch ?, no need to drain oil, just tilt the atv over to the left at about 45 degree's, you wont loose oil just to change out those switch sealing washers :-). added : there is the kick start seal, but not at the bottom of case.

post #810 of 910 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Gold Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Liked: 6797 times
Garage
Shade , I am doing a timing chain job -------- to get the chain out on the 300 , one of the chain guides you have to also pull the head off to get it out the way , going to change that guide anyways , so since I will have the head off and I have some new valve stem seals laying around , I might as well put them in while the head is off

the oil leak was coming from under the cover that covers the neutral , temp and reverse switches ------ maybe one of the switches is leaking oil thru the switch itself , the kick starter is the only seal or washer that I am not going to change on that right side cover , I want to park it on the concrete and I am picky 'bout my concrete

Jeep is hooking me up with the pig tail harness , I owe him one , my old one is in terrible shape , been cut , spliced , oiled up and brittle -------- for $50 I would have found a decent used one or made something to work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda Model Specific Discussions > Honda FourTrax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode