Trx450fm help - Honda ATV Forum
Honda ATV Schematics / Manual Help Having a hard time locating a manual? Need some good solid Tech Information, Schematics or Specs? Look no farther, its all here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Trx450fm help

Hey guys, Iím new to site and very mechanically green,

I am having a issue with atv, it ran about a month ago, I rode it for a day, Iím in Ontario so itís been cold, itís stored in a lean to, the next day it wouldnít start, I figured maybe too cold and I gave up, it did need a new battery, so I replaced battery. So now I have a fresh battery and last season I replaced ignition. Anyways when I turn the key the dash does not light, the headlight donít turn on. The winch works but itís wiring is directly connected to the battery, I checked the fuses by the battery and they are seemed fine. Like I said Iím not very mechanically inclined, I do want to learn and I had the online manual but somehow it got deleted and I canít find another one online, that would help. Iím wondering because Iíve watched some YouTube videos and seen one where there was another fuse block located under the frame different from the one near battery, Iím wondering if this is true with my model as well? Iím hoping that may be the issue.
If not what steps can you advise for me to try and diagnose the issue. Iíve cleaned the terminals and thereís proper connections, the electric start doesnít click or make any sounds when I push the start button.

Thanks for the time and patience
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:06 AM

Liked: 4 times
Garage
Try this link:https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...5ZJWJYBYx3vJ7s

Sounds like either a blown fuse or a faulty connection in the main circuits.

2003 Rincon 650 w/mods
2003 Rancher 350 w/mods
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 3167 times
Make sure the battery is not connected up backwards. Red on positive black on negative... you'd be surprised how many times folks can make that mistake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

NO dash lights

I did say I was mechanically green, but not that green lol,
I went back out and gave it another look, fresh battery, fuses appear good,
I did however notice my back light this atv has a middle back light I never noticed anyways one wire isnít connected appears to been broke off,the light appear so to only have one post To connect to, do both wires go on thatís post or not. And what something like that affect my dash not lighting?

I did download the manual, and Iím going to ask my dad To show me how to test the connections but heís not around for awhile so I was hop in maybe someone here has had the same issue and could offer some suggestions. Thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:29 PM

Has your which cable ever got tangled up BC on my 1999 Honda foreman 670 the winch cable got tangled and a loop got to my cdi box and other box and tore the wires and It wouldn't start and I rewired them and it started but it took me a week to figure out

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Technical Discussions > Honda ATV Schematics / Manual Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode