What is you all time favorite Honda ATV - Page 3 - Honda ATV Forum
Honda ATV Polls This section contains site related polls or polls related to Honda ATVs. Only administrators may start topics in this section.

View Poll Results: Which Honda atv is your all time favorite?
Rincon 8 7.48%
Rubicon 17 15.89%
Rancher 21 19.63%
Fourtrax 300 39 36.45%
Foreman 18 16.82%
Recon 4 3.74%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
 
shadetree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: north little rock, ar.
Posts: 36,002
Liked: 4211 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atvrider1010 View Post
The 300 shares the crown as the absolute WORST Atv of all time along with every other pre 21st century utility quad.

No suspension, no ground clearance, no power, no brakes and a lot of ice for your nuts after a long ride. Hard to call anything with this charectorization "The Best"! At best it's a
do tell ???..soooooooo..what your saying is...from the most ever atv in history from Honda, that all those millions of buyers that bought more of from the time Honda first sold them..is wrong then ?..lol. yeah...i'd argue all day long, you don't have any idea just how well they are sought after from day one. sorry..not buying what you said^^..lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
shadetree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Junior Member
 
Atvrider1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atvrider1010 View Post
The 300 shares the crown as the absolute WORST Atv of all time along with every other pre 21st century utility quad.

No suspension, no ground clearance, no power, no brakes and a lot of ice for your nuts after a long ride. Hard to call anything with this charectorization "The Best"! At best it's a
do tell ???..soooooooo..what your saying is...from the most ever atv in history from Honda, that all those millions of buyers that bought more of from the time Honda first sold them..is wrong then ?..lol. yeah...i'd argue all day long, you don't have any idea just how well they are sought after from day one. sorry..not buying what you said^^..lol.
I'm sure sales dropped off significantly towards the end of the 300s run which is why Honda dropped the hammer. The 300 sucked but it's 80s and 90s competitors were even worse but that's certainly not the case anymore.

Anyway, Got a post 2014 Honda press release claiming the 300 as the best selling quad of all time?

Not that it matters anyway, sales numbers mean very little when determining the best.

Last edited by Atvrider1010; 11-18-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Atvrider1010 is offline  
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
n328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: S.E. Louisiana
Posts: 548
Liked: 7 times
Hands down atc250R. (86) actually a 265R with boysen reeds jetted and a Paul Turner hi-rev

82' 200 84' 200s 85' 250sx 86' 350x 86' ATC250r
n328 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Senior Member
 
mrbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 7,793
Liked: 1903 times
my 2 cents is this, the BEST 3 wheeler was the ATV 250R hands down
the best Sport ATv was a honda 250R as well BOTH of these machine set the bench mark of what all others were trying to beat
and they stood at the top for yrs and yrs
next will maybe be the trx 300's, as again
as that too was what others set the bar at to BEAT
and MOST failed for yrs and yrs

the fact that these OLD a$$ 3 models are still sought after, HAS to speak in ways other ATV's can ONLY dream about
does it mean there the BEST in every place or ??
maybe NOT
but they sure out lived there expected runs

and few other brands models hold the values these do!

I personally like my 400 forenan, been a super solid machine
but anything you take care of can be that LOL
doesn't maybe make it the best however HAHA!
mrbb is offline  
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Atvrider1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
my 2 cents is this, the BEST 3 wheeler was the ATV 250R hands down
the best Sport ATv was a honda 250R as well BOTH of these machine set the bench mark of what all others were trying to beat
and they stood at the top for yrs and yrs
next will maybe be the trx 300's, as again
as that too was what others set the bar at to BEAT
and MOST failed for yrs and yrs

the fact that these OLD a$$ 3 models are still sought after, HAS to speak in ways other ATV's can ONLY dream about
does it mean there the BEST in every place or ??
maybe NOT
but they sure out lived there expected runs

and few other brands models hold the values these do!

I personally like my 400 forenan, been a super solid machine
but anything you take care of can be that LOL
doesn't maybe make it the best however HAHA!
Ever notice that the models you named are mainly being sought after by the same people who owned them back in the day and absolutely nobody else. Maybe they consider them the best because they themselves were in their "prime" in the 80s. Drive some of the newer 4 stroke machines and that ancient mindset would be changed very fast.
Atvrider1010 is offline  
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
mrbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE Pa
Posts: 7,793
Liked: 1903 times
[/QUOTE]

Ever notice that the models you named are mainly being sought after by the same people who owned them back in the day and absolutely nobody else. Maybe they consider them the best because they themselves were in their "prime" in the 80s. Drive some of the newer 4 stroke machines and that ancient mindset would be changed very fast.[/QUOTE]

I have driven many modern atv's and do see there improvements and don't deny them
BUT these modern atv's got what they got DUE to these old classics, that were copped off of by all others and SET the bar, that they NOW beat
but for yrs and yrs they ruled the game

HOW many of todays atv's are still or will be sought after in 20 yrs likle these older one's are and I BET will still be
\ DUE to they ARE loved by so many
its like a first generation os ANY great item
it NEVER looses it attraction or value , due to HISTORY of that ITEN and all its done
you can say modenr atv's have better shocks EFI or???
BUT it will never change the facts that without the above models, MUCH of the NEW improvements wouldn;t be where there at
as these above models were ahead of there time and MADE all other MFG"S step up there game and for YRS they couldn;t even beat the above after tons of trying and a lot of MONEY!
SO< that is WHY I say they maybe are the best of the ATV's

untioll any NEW model has a following so strong
there all just in there prime for short periods NOT 30+ yrs of being sought after

the 700XX< yes a head of its time
but HOW Long did it last??
had it been such a SUPER ATV< it would still be made
NO company STOPS production is demand is there and it can be safely made and sold!
something HAS to be said when a model stays almost the SAME LOL< and is still wanted! by the MANY??

I have yrs and yrs on MX bikes, and wouldn't want a old 80's model over a mew one to ride all the time,
BUt a classic from that era is still a classic and well, SOME of them I would WANT l if I could have one
NOT because it brings back fond memory's
but because some of them were the fathers to what we have now and there is something to be said about that!

like who wouldn't want a like new vintage Corvette from a classic year!
NOT bashing a 2016 corvette , would love one of them too for all the improvements,
BUT a classic again will ALWAYS be sought after
and the hundreds of cars made, are NOT all classic's even with UP grades over a vintage [email protected]
a collectible is that for a reason, they stood out above the rest!, and that made them GREAT!
mrbb is offline  
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
 
shadetree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: north little rock, ar.
Posts: 36,002
Liked: 4211 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atvrider1010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atvrider1010 View Post
The 300 shares the crown as the absolute WORST Atv of all time along with every other pre 21st century utility quad.

No suspension, no ground clearance, no power, no brakes and a lot of ice for your nuts after a long ride. Hard to call anything with this charectorization "The Best"! At best it's a
do tell ???..soooooooo..what your saying is...from the most ever atv in history from Honda, that all those millions of buyers that bought more of from the time Honda first sold them..is wrong then ?..lol. yeah...i'd argue all day long, you don't have any idea just how well they are sought after from day one. sorry..not buying what you said^^..lol.
I'm sure sales dropped off significantly towards the end of the 300s run which is why Honda dropped the hammer. The 300 sucked but it's 80s and 90s competitors were even worse but that's certainly not the case anymore.

Anyway, Got a post 2014 Honda press release claiming the 300 as the best selling quad of all time?

Not that it matters anyway, sales numbers mean very little when determining the best.
spend some time at your local Honda dealership like I do ?, and ask them what the best utility atv Honda sold in it's time frame for 30 years ?, my money say's they will tell you, the trx300 was the best selling atv ever. why they stopped selling them ?..simple...THEY NEVER BROKE DOWN !. then people wanted all these fancy shocks, electric gadgets , and so forth. not because 30 years went by. sure..times change..this I agree with, but it dang sure ain't because of the high tech crap they put on newer models today !. how many new machines run day in, day out like the trx300's did..and not break down ????..i'll bet you anything..owners my age will tell you..hands down..the trx300 was the best ever. last but not least...try getting parts for a trx300...then try getting parts for atv's other than these from those past years ?..see which one still to this day mind you !..still can get parts for ?..trx300 all the way..even today !.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
shadetree is offline  
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
 
shadetree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: north little rock, ar.
Posts: 36,002
Liked: 4211 times
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atvrider1010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
my 2 cents is this, the BEST 3 wheeler was the ATV 250R hands down
the best Sport ATv was a honda 250R as well BOTH of these machine set the bench mark of what all others were trying to beat
and they stood at the top for yrs and yrs
next will maybe be the trx 300's, as again
as that too was what others set the bar at to BEAT
and MOST failed for yrs and yrs

the fact that these OLD a$$ 3 models are still sought after, HAS to speak in ways other ATV's can ONLY dream about
does it mean there the BEST in every place or ??
maybe NOT
but they sure out lived there expected runs

and few other brands models hold the values these do!

I personally like my 400 forenan, been a super solid machine
but anything you take care of can be that LOL
doesn't maybe make it the best however HAHA!
Ever notice that the models you named are mainly being sought after by the same people who owned them back in the day and absolutely nobody else. Maybe they consider them the best because they themselves were in their "prime" in the 80s. Drive some of the newer 4 stroke machines and that ancient mindset would be changed very fast.
could it also mean, people back then that owned them, road them, and seen how well they lasted ?..compared to how todays machines run and lasted ?..nahhhh..that couldn't be it ?!...lol.

'89 trx350D foreman 4x4...'85 vf700c magna, '03 trx450fm foreman 4x4 , 2015 Yamaha waverunner fx cruiser ho, '08 vt750c2 shadow spirit
shadetree is offline  
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
 
PatrickB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 294
Liked: 99 times
My vote goes to the ATC 250 Big Red and the TRX350 and 300...although I like the way the 350 looks better than the 300!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1987 Honda TRX350A 4x4
w/Hondaline front bumper, headlight guard and grille, running light grilles, rubber foot steps, exhaust turndown, mudflap kit and speedometer
PatrickB is offline  
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
chasecoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: west Tennessee outside Jackson
Posts: 333
Liked: 17 times
I have a 93 300 fourtrax fw. I absolutely love it, I am mean to my bike and it doesn't let me down. I have rode newer bikes with all the cushy buttons, and electronic stuff and I still love my 300. You say no power. I have pulled boats around with it, pulled out stuck bikes twice as big as it. I pulled a trailer with tiny donut tires across muddy fields with a 500 lb cow in it, I was about to pull it in 3rd gear. My bike seems to have started life as a sheriff's deputy, chasing down fugitives, then was sold at some point to people who didn't understand the concept of routine maintenance. Then I got the bike. I started changing the fluids and I don't think the oil in the diff's had ever been changed neither had the transfer case oil. When I changed the engine oil it looked like it came out of a trackhoe. The filter I think was put in at factory and never changed. Its still running like champ.

My dad had one that was abused hard by the guy he got from. Dad pulled everything he could with it. He pulled a 14 ft dual axle trailer with two cord of fire wood, and over 900 lbs of steel with him, and two others and that put close to 450lbs on the bike.

The guy that had it was real fond of jumping it and dropping it into gear at full throttle and deep mud.

Current rides.

1993 Honda fourtrax 4x4 300 red. Custom snorkel, 24in mudlites 2 inch lift, custom quick change mufflers with cheap tractor pipe or oem pipe, warn 242. .
1992 Honda fourtrax 300, work in progress
197? Coot utv 20hp Honda generator engine in it
1974 cj 5 jeep.
1986 Chevy cucv (military k30) daily driver/tow rig.
Polaris RZR 900. Don't laugh.

Last edited by chasecoker; 11-19-2015 at 10:49 AM.
chasecoker is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Forums > Honda ATV Polls

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome