Most reliable four wheeler. - Honda ATV Forum
Honda ATV Polls This section contains site related polls or polls related to Honda ATVs. Only administrators may start topics in this section.

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Smile Most reliable four wheeler.

I have a 2002 Honda Rancher 350 ES and that thing is unbelievable. Its got around 8,000 miles on it. I use it for mainly plowing and mud bogging. I don't ride it lightly. But just currently There was an oil leak I didn't know of and the engine is toast. I am rebuilding it in the spring. I had to replace the whole differential a few years back because the bolts had sheared through the casing. Other than that, I love it and I would get another one any day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 11:14 AM

Liked: 2077 times
the most reliable ATV, is a loaded question
and no real answer to it
as it all comes down if you ask em, to how its taken care of, and ridden
Honda's are known to be long lived
and have the rep for it
but if you abuse any ATv they will fail , and a part failure is and can happen at any time on any make atv too

but a motor going bad due to low oil, is a riders fail, not the atv, oil should be checked before every ride(I know it doesn't happen lol)
but it should, so not doing so come's in at owner's fault and not atv's
no motor of any brand will last long without oil LOL
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 02:16 PM

^agreed..... But Honda seems to be the most reliable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 04:43 PM

My friend has an old 185s three wheeler and we beat the he** out of that thing. The oil was kind sludgy when we last changed it. Ran it without the muffler on it for a while without rejetting or anyhing, it still lives.

2005 TRX450r

Last edited by Deeperinthabush; 01-10-2014 at 06:58 PM.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 1481 times
While Honda seems to be the most reliable brand of atv[s], the most reliable model is most likely the one which is cared for, and well-maintained.

jdp, redtherocket and tinkerman like this.

USFS Motorized Trail Maintenance Volunteer
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:53 PM
jdp

Liked: 129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentco View Post
While Honda seems to be the most reliable brand of atv[s], the most reliable model is most likely the one which is cared for, and well-maintained.
My 300 is a shining example of this. I havent run it since grandpa passed Dec 26th, and started it up first time since then and it ran like a top.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1993 Honda 300

Seafoam "In every tank"

Mobil1 4T 10w-40 (great stuff)

Superwinch Terra 35/synthetic rope, !/4 inch plate winch mount.

AMS Swampfox front 23x8x11, GBC dirt devils 25x12x9 rear. Soon to be changed to 4x4 wheels rear and STI Black Diamonds all around

Diehard Gold lawn tractor battery in rear storage box.

"Go prepared even if you think you don't need it".
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM

Liked: 344 times
Mine are the most reliable they get treated better than most wives do!!
iTunes likes this.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
Supporting Member

Liked: 56 times
Most Honda drivetrains,and engines are overbuilt while the engine is de tuned,or built for lower horsepower numbers which along with the stout drivetrain makes for a very long lived,simple to work on,very reliable machine,and the 3fitties are right up there with the legendary 300s,350Ds seeing as it is basically a revamped,newer version of them built with Honda reliability built in...Kinda like the older Toyotas which were built to really tight tolerances,over built ,but with anemic power levels which turned them into million mile machines..The Japanese knew/know what they were/are doing...If you take care of it even while abusing it it will still perform,and keep on ticking long after some other brands would have broken,or worn out...

FREE REPAIR MANUALS >>https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html 1986-1992 trx350 parts for sale>>https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-parts-sale/29225-complete-part-out-1986-fourtrax-350-a.html
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeperinthabush View Post
Most Honda drivetrains,and engines are overbuilt while the engine is de tuned,or built for lower horsepower numbers which along with the stout drivetrain makes for a very long lived,simple to work on,very reliable machine,and the 3fitties are right up there with the legendary 300s,350Ds seeing as it is basically a revamped,newer version of them built with Honda reliability built in...Kinda like the older Toyotas which were built to really tight tolerances,over built ,but with anemic power levels which turned them into million mile machines..The Japanese knew/know what they were/are doing...If you take care of it even while abusing it it will still perform,and keep on ticking long after some other brands would have broken,or worn out...
The 04-05 trx450r engine is the most gimped out motor ever. lol

For example, the whole engine is obviously derived from the crf450r which makes over 50 hp stock. Smaller valves, horrible exhaust, bad porting, REALLY low compression when compared to other sport quads, a way smaller cam, and different timing all make the engine produce up to 20 hp less. Thank you EPA

2005 TRX450r
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 12:30 AM

Liked: 105 times
I must reliable atv in my mind is the 300 I know the newer quads with smooth suspension more get up and go automatic trans is all really nice but i'll take a 300 any day of the week

atc 70, atc 90,atc 110 2x trx 250,88,89,96 trx 300, 92 &00 300 fw, atc 250

big bear 350 4x4,big bear 2x4 timberwolf 250 2x4, ytm 225dr 85 ytm 200ERN

klf 300 bayou,prairie 250, klf 185 bayou

suzuki quadrunner 250
Get your free manual here
https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums...all-years.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda ATV Forum > Honda ATV Forums > Honda ATV Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode